Limited with Manual Transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YellowSaturnGuy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am searching for our first KJ... 2004-2007 is the year range, and I'm searching in Ontario, Canada. I want a Limited trim, but it seems nearly impossible to find one with the 5-speed or 6-speed manual transmission!

I have only ever seen one and it was a new 2007 on the lot of a local dealership last year, so I know they do exist!!

Are manual trans Limiteds really that rare??

Thanks,
Tom

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are. I have seen Sports and Renne's with the manual ****** but not a limited. It could have been a special order from the factory??

Renne's are nice. Maby you would have an easier time finding a Renne with the options you want and a Manual ******?? Just a thought.

Dave

YellowSaturnGuy

Reaction score
Thanks Dave

I haven't bought it yet, but I found a super-clean 03 Sport with the 5-speed. Not a limited, but has all the power options I want (except sunroof, but meh) and it only has 59,000 km on it.

manual shift is more important to me than body-colored fenders and bumpers!

Tom

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. It's best to hold out for what you want. That way you will be more satisfied with it.

An 03 with a 5 speed sounds good if that's what you are looking for.

FWIW the 06 and 07 models have "drive by wire" so the 5 speed MIGHT act or shift different in them. So the 03 you are looking at might be better in that respect.

Give it a really good test drive including finding a dirt road and engauging 4 hi and lo to make sure they engauge/disengague properly.

Dave

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt run across one when I was searching either. I ended up finding a Sport with everything I wanted except the sunroof and the fog lights. And I can add the fog lights later and deal without the sunroof

YellowSaturnGuy

Reaction score
that sounds exactly like my situation.

just waiting on the confirmation of financing, but it is pretty much a done deal!!

We have a convertible, so I was willing to live without the sunroof. I was not willing to give up my manual trans, and this Sport is in immaculate condition. It has all other power options I wanted (remote keyless entry, power windows, cruise, a/c, fog lights etc)

I'll post up some pics once it is in the driveway :D

Tom

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No such thing as a Limited with a manual transmission. Jeep said NO we're not gonna build it.

You sure it wasn't a Sport with the Body Colored Fender Flares option? That was available for the KJ for one year and one year only.... 2007.

However congrats on finding your '03! Finding a Manual Liberty here is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There's only 35 of them on Autotrader within 200 miles of my zip code and I'd say about 5 of them are listed incorrectly.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FWIW the 06 and 07 models have "drive by wire" so the 5 speed MIGHT act or shift different in them. So the 03 you are looking at might be better in that respect.

Dave

As far as I know, only the '07 is the only KJ with drive by wire. I believe 2006 had a cable still.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ thanks for correcting me guys. Somehow I thought it was both years.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online