Light Bar and Heated Seats Mutually Exclusive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T^2

Reaction score
I went and talked to my saleman today about accessories for the Liberty. One thing I'm interested in is the Light Bar. I ordered a Limited CRD. Basically, the guy tells me that you can have one or the other - heated seats or the light bar - but not both.

O.k. so you can't order the two items togther from the factory. So, I asked about getting the light bar installed when the vehicle arrived. The saleman seemed to believed that it couldn't be done.

Why are the heated seats and the light bar be mutually exclusive. Is it a current draw issue?

T^2

Reaction score
kj lad said:
The salesman is talking crap! Of course you can fit both!

Ian

Sounded like crap to me too.

So I guess you just can't "order" the Limited with heated seats and a light bar then. I suppose I'll have to wait till it gets here and have the dealer/stealer put it on then.

sbelkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds odd... usually salesman are trying to sell more crap than you actually need rather than not giving you what you want...

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a site that sells cheap mopar parts in the USA. I'm sure one of you American guys can give T^2 the web address to save him some money?

Ian

Tork

Reaction score
You can go to www.jparts.com. They are pretty inexpensive. Also, I wouldn't discount what the salesman told you right away. Check with the service rep at another dealer to see what they say. There very well might be some current draw issues with the BCM that you might have to deal with. I ran into enough wiring trouble trying to switch interiors from an 02 to an 05 CRD that I said forget it. Someone once told me a new BCM is like a grand. That stopped me fiddling around real quick. Hope this helps.

Dave

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's crap, actually. There may be a small grain of truth to this one. When I was playing around on Jeep.com before I ordered my Renny, I was screwing around with the build and price thingy. Apparently, if you build a Renny with the D package (which includes the light bar) and you also check off the luxury group (which includes the heated seats), the heated seats override the light bar and you get a message telling you that you have to delete the light bar to get the luxury group. I'll check it out again....

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to get both as well

The story I got was that it's too much draw on the alternator. I guess it makes sense, and they didn't imagine too many people would want both, so they didn't bother to make a cutoff switch for the seats when you turn on the roofbar.

What bothered me the most was that deleting the lightbar was a -$150, but trying to go out and BUY a light bar is closer to $400.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the lights on the roof and don't run the heated seat and the light bar at the same time! My friend has a limited with roof lights (4 x 145w offroad driving lamps) that are far more powerful than the mopar unit and he has no problems!

Ian

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, that's the thing to do.

I haven't gone out and gotten any lights yet, but I may opt for more lower driving lights instead since I want to be able to use them on the road. Plus, aftermarket roof lights won't be as far forward as the renegade lightbar was - I don't want lights reflecting off the hood or coming in through the sunroof or anything.