Lifting Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i've narrowed it down to two lifts, :confused: but would like a little in site from those who have been down the same road. OME budget lift? OR Daystar lift??? Any help will do. Thanks

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME hands downs it will be a much better ride bc it is a suspension lift unlike daystar which uses your stock coils, and if you can with OME you can get the coils fromwww.dpgoffroad.com you need to call him (Dirk) and tell him you want the OME HD coils for the Jeep KJ, he is an ARB dealer and they are $72 each from him and then just go to Summit Racing and buy two Rancho RSX 17004 and two RSX 17505, and that should net you about 2.5" and if you want to bump it up to 3" go to your dealer and buy two upper rear iso pads and six 2" electricail conduit nuts and up three of those on each side on the bottom of the strut

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two front and two rear coils correct? New to this whole lifting thing...

Last edited:

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet found them!!!! Now can the 927/948 be installed with NO custom bumper or winch? Or will it seem to stiff of a ride with out one?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet found them!!!! Now can the 927/948 be installed with NO custom bumper or winch? Or will it seem to stiff of a ride with out one?

Yes, and you'd end up being disapointed if you went with anything lighter. All springs take a little time to break in. I've not heard any complaints, and H.D.'s are standard on the Frankinlift from All J's.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

The ride will be firm but not hard, mine after I put the lift on and before the bumper went on, I took it on a 2600 mile trip out on the road it drove great. But then some people want a marshmellow soft ride if thats what you want then you maybe dissatisfied. But its a Jeep not a stinkin Lincoln LOL

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride will be firm but not hard, mine after I put the lift on and before the bumper went on, I took it on a 2600 mile trip out on the road it drove great. But then some people want a marshmellow soft ride if thats what you want then you maybe dissatisfied. But its a Jeep not a stinkin Lincoln LOL

LOL thats a fact!!!! Now on Summitracing.com they ask for the year durango/dakota. 97-04. Are the rear shocks the same for thise years? On the front stuts.... Whats the diff. between 4wd and 2wd? Stiffness? Or there specs?

Last edited:

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME hands downs it will be a much better ride bc it is a suspension lift unlike daystar which uses your stock coils, and if you can with OME you can get the coils fromwww.dpgoffroad.com you need to call him (Dirk) and tell him you want the OME HD coils for the Jeep KJ, he is an ARB dealer and they are $72 each from him and then just go to Summit Racing and buy two Rancho RSX 17004 and two RSX 17505, and that should net you about 2.5" and if you want to bump it up to 3" go to your dealer and buy two upper rear iso pads and six 2" electricail conduit nuts and up three of those on each side on the bottom of the strut

RSX 17004 Fronts or rears??
RSX 17505 fronts or rears??
Never done this so please bare with me!!! Thanks

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RSX 17505 front struts and RSX 17004 rear shocks

Ok think i got it now!!! The lift will have to wait a few months though.sad2.gif Will I get 245/70R/16 under it now with no lift? (and be able turn it) I know what some of you were thinking. LOL To all that helped "THANKS!"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran 245-70s before I was lifted and only rubbed when I had the wheel cranked to the left and backing up other than that no problems

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok think i got it now!!! The lift will have to wait a few months though.sad2.gif Will I get 245/70R/16 under it now with no lift? (and be able turn it) I know what some of you were thinking. LOL To all that helped "THANKS!"

Don't do it, you'll just want bigger tires when you get the lift on. Make do with what you have for now, then lift and get bigger tires.