Lift Sag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robslibby

Reaction score
I was wondering has anybody had front sag after they installed there Rustys lift. I lost 1.5 in the front and am down to 34" from the ground to the bottom of the fender and the back is sitting at 35". I know they say it's going to sag but does this sound about right? Any hekp would be great.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of them dropping about 1/2" but, I don't think I've ever heard of one dropping an 1 1/2", unless you've got an ARB bumper and winch on it.

Which coil rate did you order? Rusty used to carry standard, medium and heavy coils, don't know for sure if he still does though.

The one I helped install had the Medium rate coils and we did a 3/8" clevis lift at the time of install.

GoldenRam

Reaction score
I've just installed my Rusty's 2.5" coil lift this past weekend and I measured a 3.25" lift. I would expect mine to sag to 2"-2.5".

robslibby

Reaction score
To be honest I have had alot of problems with this lift since I put it on I think I am going to take it off and put a frankinlift.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
robslibby said:
To be honest I have had alot of problems with this lift since I put it on I think I am going to take it off and put a frankinlift.

IMHO, that would be a bad idea. What problems have you had other than the ones I read about caused by the install?

robslibby

Reaction score
the lift just does not seem sturdy I went over a speed bump at 2-3 mph and the front nose dove I am worried if I take it wheeling the whole thing is going to break

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had an alignment done yet? Mine was real squirrely and felt like I was in a boat over speed bumps until I had it aligned. Rode fine after that.

robslibby

Reaction score
I had an alignment before the lift was installed but more then that is the lost height in the front I only have about 1.5 over stock in the front right now. And I would think it should be closer to 2-2.5 after it settles.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to get another lift kit, the one you have is fine.
Just add a 3/8" clevis lift (3 - 1/8" X 2" conduit nuts ea. side) to boost the front an inch, and get another alignment, add some bigger tires, then go have fun on the trails.

You can do this yourself and save money. And stay away from that 4X4 shop, that apparently screwed up your CV Boots.

check here
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15164