Lift points for 3.7 engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cummins93

Reaction score
Ok guys so I'm in the middle of replacing my rusted out oil pan. Long story short I started undercoating the underneath of my Liberty to try to help prevent rust with all the Ohio salt. I took a hand held wire brush to my oil pan, which was already in pretty bad shape. Hit it twice and BAM!!!! Two pinhole leaks start dripping. So now I'm at the point where I have my pan dropped and the pickup tube laying in the pan. Now to just weasel it out. What do you guys usually use for lift points on these 3.7's?? Any other ideas on how to do this without pulling the engine or dropping the front axle would be greatly appreciated. I already dropped my front drive shaft. My Jeep has the 6spd manual transmission if that helps at all. Thanks guys!!

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 3.7 the recommended lift point is where the intake bolts, mopar has a lift plate specific for it.
The cylinder head where the intake bolts looks a little flimsy to me, but there should be a way to rig a mounting point with out the mopar plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the rocker cover bolt holes with some good sturdy bolts and fender washers. I thought the intake bolt holes looked too flimsy. The corner points had a decent amount of meat to them. Got some 10.9 bolts at Lowes.

You must be registered for see images attach

cummins93

Reaction score
Thanks fellas!! In the process of pulling engine mount bolts now. I may try using a bottle jack and just going from the bottom of the engine. I only need about 2" to get this pan out

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas!! In the process of pulling engine mount bolts now. I may try using a bottle jack and just going from the bottom of the engine. I only need about 2" to get this pan out

You may be able to just put a ratchet strap over that front stud that I had the extra yellow strap on and pivot it up since you won't be detaching from the ******.

cummins93

Reaction score
You may be able to just put a ratchet strap over that front stud that I had the extra yellow strap on and pivot it up since you won't be detaching from the ******.

I ended up taking the engine hoist and picking up on that front stud. Worked perfect!! Old pan is out and the new pan is in.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up taking the engine hoist and picking up on that front stud. Worked perfect!! Old pan is out and the new pan is in.

Glad you got it! That stud is pretty beefy. I used it with a ratchet strap when I put the engine back in as a crude "leveler". Made it easy to tip it back as I lowered it in to meet the ****** that I had jacked up a bit. :happy160:

cummins93

Reaction score
Glad you got it! That stud is pretty beefy. I used it with a ratchet strap when I put the engine back in as a crude "leveler". Made it easy to tip it back as I lowered it in to meet the ****** that I had jacked up a bit. :happy160:

lol I wasn't sure if I wanted to trust it at first but after I started picking the engine up I started to have a little faith in that stud. :happy175: