Lift Kits ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertPH

Reaction score
Just trying to rap my head around something not on something guys .
What is the purpose of lift kits to start with ? All i can see is it raises your vehicle body (not the under body ) a couple of inch's correct ? maybe get a little bit more side front and rear end clearance Maybe ?

For what purpose ? I dont do any rock climbing (crawling) with my 07 Sport - I go bush - give Fraser Island a pounding - some beach's, bush tracks etc etc. any very rough areas I either go around or take it in 1st low. I have never encountered an area where I have needed of couldn't go without a lift kit.
Is it a visual thing? My Jeep Sport looks sexy enough as it is and am impressed with it as is. As soon as I hit sand tyres go down from 36 psi to 18-20 and I just float over the sand. I would prefere if i was going to "lift" the vehicle I would like a bit more clearance underneath more than the body? I have a slight problem with deep rutted tracks made by higher vehicles = Im worried about dropping exhaust parts or that very strangely situated oil filter more that the vehicle body hitting something.

Just wondering guys. Dont get me wrong, I'm seriously thinking about doing it but I am having a hard time justifying it.

Cheers big ears.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Much better ride and handling for a couple of things

Most everyone mistakenly think upgrading a suspension is only to go 4 wheeling LOL
Plus you do gain more clearance with larger tires etc
Since you have a CRD , then only one lift to really do it right
a CRD would need the OME 790/948 springs, and OME shocks in the front at very least ( they just work better from experience ) and either Bilstein or OME rear shocks of the correct length
ask and we shall share in the KJ section , since you posted in the KK section

It raises the underbody as well since we have a unibody
Now if you had say a Wrangler with body on frame you could do a body lift which would then raise the body but not the frame etc

RobertPH

Reaction score
Much better ride and handling for a couple of things

Most everyone mistakenly think upgrading a suspension is only to go 4 wheeling LOL
Plus you do gain more clearance with larger tires etc
Since you have a CRD , then only one lift to really do it right
a CRD would need the OME 790/948 springs, and OME shocks in the front at very least ( they just work better from experience ) and either Bilstein or OME rear shocks of the correct length
ask and we shall share in the KJ section , since you posted in the KK section

It raises the underbody as well since we have a unibody
Now if you had say a Wrangler with body on frame you could do a body lift which would then raise the body but not the frame etc
Sorry guys I just had a burning question saw the title of lift kits and went like a bull at a gate. Didn't even look at what section I was in :p

Latest posts

Members online