Lift Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Adrien765

Reaction score
what about the Frankenlift?
I am new to this and the KJ and I want to make sure that I am getting the right equipment so all the help is appreciated.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adrien765 said:

Adrien765,
what are your plans for your Libby, are you going to do a lot of off - roading, or is the lift going to be just for looks? What year is it, is it gas or a CRD, how much mileage does it have on it, will determine what your lift options are, and how much you can expect to pay, ranging from $250.00 to nearly $1000.00.

Give us some details and we can point you in a direction to suite your needs and your budget, rather than trying to answer all of these what do you think questions. ](*,)

So what do you think???

Adrien765

Reaction score
the lift jit will be mainly for looks but will be used for mild off-roading. I live in Alaska and will be using it for a daily driver as well as a vehicle to get me to those fishing spots in the middle of no where. It is gas and has 50k miles(highway)

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adrien765 said:
the lift jit will be mainly for looks but will be used for mild off-roading. I live in Alaska and will be using it for a daily driver as well as a vehicle to get me to those fishing spots in the middle of no where. It is gas and has 50k miles(highway)

I'd personally recommend Rusty's Spring Lift. Best lift for the dollars. Includes all new springs (no spacers) and new Old Man Emu Struts, plus rear shocks.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...ys&Product_Code=KJSS&Category_Code=sus_kj_kit

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the Rusty's, I might add however, that the rear shocks for the kit are less than desireable and most people order the kit minus the rear shocks and use Rancho RSX 17004's which have a better fit and ride for the application. If Rusty's still offers the 3 different spring rates on the coils, I'd reccomend the medium rated coil.

Give rusty's a call and see what your options are.
Rusty's (256) 442-0017

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also pull off 265/70R16 but this will require you to do some slight modification for the fog light doors and the pinch weld. I have a BDS lift kit that nets just under the Rusty's. After setting myself up with 265/70R16 and wheels with a 5" Back Space I had to slightly push my fog light doors toward the front of the vehicle (heat gun) and use a 3lb sledge to flatten the pinch weld.

Remember to post pics when you get everything setup!! It's going to look sweet!