Lift kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 2.5in coil spring lift kit and I'm wondering if anyone has the Daystar lift. I saw it on Ebay for $159.00. Does anyone have this lift on there KJ or have any experience with this brand. It not any suggestions on which kit to buy.

kylewilley

Reaction score
I am currently using it. I have had no problems. Some of the other guys that have money will say it is junk, but for poor people like me, it works great haha.

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently using it. I have had no problems. Some of the other guys that have money will say it is junk, but for poor people like me, it works great haha.

x2 I've got 8k+ on mine no complaints so far. But others will say do it right the first time. Use the search tool bar for this topic. if your gonna tear it apart. Make sure you install new shocks and struts!!!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 2.5in coil spring lift kit and I'm wondering if anyone has the Daystar lift. I saw it on Ebay for $159.00. Does anyone have this lift on there KJ or have any experience with this brand. It not any suggestions on which kit to buy.

if you have under 10K miles then sure it is fine and will only cost you $159
(at first) any thing more and you are replacing struts any way so that cost is negated
now factor in that you can get OME coils in the $125-$150 range then for a top end of $140 more you could have a premo lift
to me it is a no brainer
now some one said "people with money"
let me fix that for you
up front it does cost less but after time it will cost more
we have 30k+ miles on our OME/rancho set up with no issues
there are guys running close to the 100K mile range with the same set up and no issues
seeing as how 1 of the problems we had at 36K was spring sag I am going to say that with OE springs at some point they will go out as well
you paid ,what, about $250 to have it installed and aligned
guess what you are paying again when the springs go out
oh and you are probably paying for another set of struts
so that $160 lift has now cost you another $250 on instal + close to $200 on
new struts when another $140 a few years back would have saved you not only money but time?
to me it is a common sense no brainer
or go cheep and spend more

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Once again!
Spend your money once and buy a complete coil spring set for the front and rear
and then pick which struts and shocks you want.
Spend 40% more once and be done with it for the next 100000 Km at least!
Don't cheat your self and buy a poser kit.
You will end up regretting it and then going for proper coil lift.
Cheap= Crap!
Short term looks and mediocre handling and performance.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I have posted thread like this, when I first got my KJ I was so excited because I had seen rusty's 2.5" spacer lift for like $220 somewhere, then I started asking questions much like this one, and I got the same answers. At first I was offended but then I realized hey that makes sense. So, again think about this for a while before you buy anything look into the Frankenlift and research everything thoroughly, like someone said up there. There are several posts with this question everyday, you can find endless amounts of opinions, facts, and everything you need to, want to, and even don't want to know about lifting a KJ.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I have posted thread like this, when I first got my KJ I was so excited because I had seen rusty's 2.5" spacer lift for like $220 somewhere, then I started asking questions much like this one, and I got the same answers. At first I was offended but then I realized hey that makes sense. So, again think about this for a while before you buy anything look into the Frankenlift and research everything thoroughly, like someone said up there. There are several posts with this question everyday, you can find endless amounts of opinions, facts, and everything you need to, want to, and even don't want to know about lifting a KJ.

Good advice!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Guys...there is no need to pound on every newbee....Ryan....if you keep this up I'll start calling you Ryanmud. :D

Haha I don't know about Ryan's intentions but I was just trying to make him aware there these guys are right. The best thing you can do on here is READ READ READ! There is so much info on lifts and everything else you can do to a KJ. But the older members get irritated with having to repeat the answers. I didn't understand why at first but now that I've been a member for 8 months I'm beginning to get it, so I was trying to help the fella out.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats Ok guys, keep it up and I will just leave and go to Tanzania for a month!:cool: Then you can really bad mouth me and mix my name up with others :(;):p:p:p:p:D

Tom