Lift kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about going with the Rock Krawler 3.0 inch lift or with the Rocky Road 2.5 lift. My KJ is a 2006 2wd. I want to put 265/75/16's on it. I've heard the can only put 265/70's but that seems to little to me. I don't mind it rubbing when I turn the front wheels to lock. Do you guys think I could put the 265/75's with just a little splash guard trimming if necessary?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go Frankenlift, pull out the inner fenders, and you can run them but they will rub some if out flexing, but if only for looks then sure, any bigger and you need SFA and new gears etc.

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I like the Frankenlift the only bad thing about it is how expensive it is.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Then do an OME Medium duty springs, rancho struts & shocks and a clevis with no real weight on the front end you should get a decent amount of lift, unless you want a heavy bumper then go OME Heavy Dutys

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went snooping on your cardomain page KJ04 and I must say, you have one bad ass KJ. As far as the clevis lift, all i have to do is raise the strut and tighten the fork bolt? It won't slip back down?

zos57

Reaction score
This budget lift sounds great! Is there anything else you need to do to have a solid daily driver that is raised up about 2.5"? BTW, Great site guys, just joined yesterday and love it!!!