Lift Kit Install Prices...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys paying to have the Rusty's (or other) kits installed by service centers?

I just got quoted $300 CDN for the install and $69 CDN for an allignment.

Thats $259 and $59 respectively...

Is that a descent price? I'm thinking the time it'll take me versus the fact that I like it "done right" that doesn't seem to bad...

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I ended up paying 450.00 but it includes a followup appointment after 500-600mi. where they go back and re-torque all fasteners as well as recheck the alignment.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a doit yourselfer IMHO

I am going to do mine on my own. I am going to get the stut assembly compression done at a local shop for about 20-40 dollars instead of risking my neck compressing those missles. Then I am goin to install the unit.

To me it doesn't look any different than regular suspension jobs I have done in the past. This one just sits a little higher and cost more for the parts.

As for the rest I am going to do it on my own drive it a little recheck the torque and then get an alignment once she is settled in.

If you have no mechanical experience then you may want to pay for it to be done.

But if you change your own brakes, bearings, ball joints or bushing this is a no brainer.

I would take that three hundred for install and buy some rockrails rather than give it to some dude for a 4 hour job.

Look at it this way. Your not working on a ford or a toyota so how hard can it be???

IMHO

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was summer I'd be with you!

but since I'm not going to install it in -20 weather... I'd rather just pay... and then know it's probably done right... This was a recommnded shop from an offroad place here and it's a pretty respected shop... So I will enjoy dropping it off and then just driving home... taller... haha

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops! Didn't notice you were that far up north. 63 degrees here today!!!
Plus I got a heated garage.

Yeah, if I had to do it outside in -20 I'd take it in and pay too!!!

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey it sounded like they were going to do an alignment RIGHT after installing the kit... Should I hold of on that and get the allignment in say... a week?

Does it matter?

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I’m doing, wait a week before getting my alignment. I won’t be installing it for a few more weeks. I’m also waiting for warmer weather.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm different opinions on the alignment though. You will need one because you have just changed the entire suspension. I don't know how healthy it would be to drive for a week on a badly mis-aligned suspension. In fact, you can just take the Jeep back in after a week and say its still pulling to either side. They should give you a free alignment since normal shops warranty their alignments for 30 days and/or 3000 miles or something. That is what I did. It worked out because I immediately removed the risk of driving on a totally changed alignment but I then was able to fix any tweaks that occurred after the 1st alignment.