Lift Kit and Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65thkj

Reaction score
Just wanted to get opinions on Lift kits and how they are affected w/ towing. I read in another post on LOST that the Rusty's might sag and the coils wear out if it is used for towing.
I tow a trailer ~2000lbs about 10 times per year. I was considering a lift and the Rusty's lift w/ OME upgrade sounds like the best deal but I don't want to have to buy new coils every so often because of sag. Should I go with the OME 1.5" lift instead? I don't want to have to go Frankenlift and buy new A Arms. Anyone who tows w/ a lift out there?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get opinions on Lift kits and how they are affected w/ towing. I read in another post on LOST that the Rusty's might sag and the coils wear out if it is used for towing.
I tow a trailer ~2000lbs about 10 times per year. I was considering a lift and the Rusty's lift w/ OME upgrade sounds like the best deal but I don't want to have to buy new coils every so often because of sag. Should I go with the OME 1.5" lift instead? I don't want to have to go Frankenlift and buy new A Arms. Anyone who tows w/ a lift out there?

I wouldn't worry about sagging, a 2,000 lb. trailer has a tounge weight of around 200 lbs. That would be about equal to standing on your back bumper.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about sagging, a 2,000 lb. trailer has a tounge weight of around 200 lbs. That would be about equal to standing on your back bumper.
Who drives around with people standing on their back bumper? :p

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the lifts "REQUIRE" the new upper A arms, they are used to help pull your suspension back into a more factory configuration, making it easier to realign the front end and getting the upper ball joint a little further away from the spring decreasing the chance of ball joint boot damage decreasing ball joint life.