Liberty vs. Wrangler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ck2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why compare at all they are both jeeps they get the job done on and off road. It all depends on what you do with it. They were designed different giving them their own unique advantages Kj stock handles better on road/ Wrangler Handles off roading better. In reality the kj was made to be street driven but also ready for slight terrain. Your jeep is only going to be what you make out of it. I'd say for a daily driver a kj is more realistic.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock turning radius for a Wrangler(not unlimited) is about 41',stock turning radius for a Liberty is 35'.

Unless you run RCV's(or the like) your not going to get better turning radius from a Wrangler without exploding the front diff u-joints.

Well let's hope you not only got the info backwards but also
doubled other wise that would suck
Here are the real numbers
taken from Chrysler
Stock KJ turning radius 17.9'
Stock TJ turning radius 16.4'
I am on my phone so posting a link is to hard
I chalange you ,or any one for that matter,
to prove me wrong

Trap

Reaction score
Well in our case we looked at both the Wrangler unlimited and the Jeep Liberty, we went with the Liberty cause we felt it was a better DD and while I do a little off road stuff, we're not big into that. My choice was the Wrangler but DW was all for the Liberty and in all honesty that's probably the better of the two for our needs.

(I'm bettin the Wrangler Unlimited would have been more fun though not sure how silent or warm in our cold Alberta winter;s though):cheers:

Will add that we are really happy with the 2010 KK

Last edited:

Doug B

Reaction score
Comparing two different things

My wife has a Ferrari and I drive a hummer. Unfortunately my wife's Ferrari doesn't go off road very well, and so I'll never buy a Ferrari because it *****. She also found the same with the Hummer. Since she can't win a race in it she doesn't think it's a very well designed vehicle.

Ok, just having a laugh - compare apples with apples and then decide which is "better", otherwise, please compare only to find out what the differences are so you know which one suits you better!:happy175:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it entertaining...lol

But yeah, I would in no way consider the KJ in the same class as a Wrangler...the same way I would in no way consider the Wrangler in the same class as the KJ.

Two different vehicles, with two purposes in mind. However, take the Liberty and compare it to the Ford Escape...then you really show how much more capable the Liberty is for it's class.