Liberty sales down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are new EPA mileage ratings for 2008. Based on highway speeds of 70mph instead of 55 i believe. This has lowered most vehicles highway ratings a bit.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There are new EPA mileage ratings for 2008. Based on highway speeds of 70mph instead of 55 i believe. This has lowered most vehicles highway ratings a bit.

and a/c usage

Which is weird because the Libby is the most efficient at 70MPH from my experience. I guess that's why the rating only dropped by one.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and a/c usage

Which is weird because the Libby is the most efficient at 70MPH from my experience. I guess that's why the rating only dropped by one.

Not to mention any over sized tires, wind visors, rear wind deflector, roof rack, and if you keep the windows/sunroof open causing drag.

:D

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A/C versus windows down is the same according to Mythbusters ;)

I say windows down, open the rear glass....less resistance. :p

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and a/c usage

On a recent trip going roughly 55-60 (through lots of hill terrain) we still managed almost 26mpg. Not bad. Ont he way back (with an overall elevation LOSS of ~3,000 feet) on that same stretch we were going more like 70 and managed about 23mpg. Both were essentially windless days (maybe 2-3mph breeze at most).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a recent trip going roughly 55-60 (through lots of hill terrain) we still managed almost 26mpg. Not bad. Ont he way back (with an overall elevation LOSS of ~3,000 feet) on that same stretch we were going more like 70 and managed about 23mpg. Both were essentially windless days (maybe 2-3mph breeze at most).

You need to come over here and show me how to drive or something. I can't get 23-26mpg with a 40mph tailwind and both feet off the gas and my fingers crossed.... :D

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front suspension was redone too. They pushed the clevis fork out further on the lower control arm and the spring rate was lowered. This makes for a better ride.

The rear suspension got a 5link on the KK and a 4link on the Nitro from what Ive read.

AUTiger

Reaction score
Sky Slider Availability

I've heard a lot of people say they are waiting for the sky sliders to hit the dealers. My dealer confirmed this. I pre ordered a sky slider in August and it just arrived on 11/24. When they brought it around to me, no fewer than ten people walked up and wanted to drive it. Hopefully sales will pick up now that they are trickling into the showrooms. It is truly a great vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.