Liberty Rebuild..ish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grawls2008

Reaction score
My wife has a 2002 Liberty Sport. It needs some work done to it. There is 2 major things that i know need to be fixed on it.
1. It needs a new radiator. There is a small crack in the current one in there. It has had an overheating issue, and it has been leaking anti freeze but I could never find where it was leaking at until the other day. I am hoping that the overheating is directly related to just the radiator.
2. Needs new front brakes, but i am going to get the brakes fixed all the way around it.
The next thing I want to get fixed is I want to get cruise control installed in the car. I found a complete cruise control kit for roughly $230.
I want to get new shocks installed to help make it a little bit more comfortable for her to ride in.
This vehicle is paid off and I am not really in a spot where getting a new vehicle is a great option yet, I need to make this car last another 18-24 months. I have about $3000 to spend to make this vehicle as reliable and strong as possible.
It only has 95,400 miles on it right now.
Is there any other things that can be replaced to help this vehicle go for just a little bit longer?
I figure the brakes all the way around will cost about $400-$500 (installed)
The radiator roughly $250 (installed)
Cruise Control $400-$500 (installed)
Other things I am considering is getting all the hoses replaced, new spark plugs, and all new fluids front to back.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get a Mopar radiator. As for suspension...it's probably really sagged by now, so getting an OME lift kit or Ironman Lift will give better than stock ride quality for ~$800. The lift will be about 2.5" more than stock so it's not overly drastic...although if you don't want to spend that kind of money and only plan on keeping it another year or two then maybe you can get away with a cheaper OE suspension kit

termin8ed

Reaction score
Check the water pump for movement/leakage while your at it. If you've never replaced it at 95k id just replace it too

Members online