Liberty Owners Carry On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was thinking of putting a duffle bag of *MUST HAVE* things in my Liberty. I have looked at other talks about this, but these talks were mainly for trail related things. I know Miah has a duffle bag with goodies and I liked the idea. But what about the rest of you?

What do you think are *MUST HAVE* items for a Jeep Liberty Carry on bag?

I don't want to see silly things like cups, or space food, etc... Just would like to put a bag of things in the Jeep. This bag has to fit all of the items and should not take up a lot of room. I can start the list by saying:

Jumper Cables
Tire Gauge
Tow Strap

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things to jeep in a jeep bag every day everywhere

Jumper battery pack
Tow strap
Basic tool set
Flashlight
Shop towels
Garbage bags
Interior cleaning wipes

2003KJ

Reaction score
DUCT TAPE!!!!!

Also don't forget some basic fluids incase you blow something up on the trail...such as coolant, power steering fluid, a quart or so of gear oil probably wouldn't hurt, maybe a couple quarts of your favorite motor oil too.

Put a role in the back of mine the day I bought it and it's come in very handy ever since (luckily havent needed it on my jeep....yet.)

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG DUCT TAPE! Of all the things I have I can't believe I forgot that, I'm buying a roll after work today!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miah do you really need Hydraulic jack, jack stands, and a Grease gun and a in the jeep all the time. Its ok to have all that when offroading, but all the time? Do you plan on taking the jeep apart on the side of the road?

I jeep a small set of sockets, wrenchs, 20ft strap, tree saver strap, hitch pin, D-ring, safety kit that my parents bought me with jumper cables and crap like that, 3d maglight, led 2AA maglite, tire pressure guage, 300watt inverter, Alittle thing that clips onto the posts of a battery and has a cig lighter plug on it, 12v spotlight. I think thats about it. I keep it all in a little green craftsman bag. The safety kit is in a plastic box.

Old pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

I have the green bag ontop of the box and have a bungee cord holding it on the back of the seat. The sheet is stuffed beside the sub now.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of having things such as military meals and such?? I think. But, I'm just trying to make a conservative list of things that *everyone* would/could use during normal driving conditions. These conditions pertain to city/highway driving. I guess we can rule some things out that pertain heavily to off-road, but a list of things such as batteries, napkins? you know...more conservative city/highway thinking.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
I like the idea of having things such as military meals and such?? I think. But, I'm just trying to make a conservative list of things that *everyone* would/could use during normal driving conditions. These conditions pertain to city/highway driving. I guess we can rule some things out that pertain heavily to off-road, but a list of things such as batteries, napkins? you know...more conservative city/highway thinking.

(Aeh)

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Ol Toilet Paper is a must have. City or on the trail. If you have to make an emergency stop at McDonald's or a gas station, you at least have some nice soft T.P. O:)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
cowdogg said:
Good Ol Toilet Paper is a must have. City or on the trail. If you have to make an emergency stop at McDonald's or a gas station, you at least have some nice soft T.P. O:)
I admit... when on the highway for a road trip... we always grab some good toilet paper.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small gun box with hand held cigarette lighter lamp (v. powerful), tow straps, fire extinguisher, triangles, toilet paper (hmm...), cigarette lighter tyre inflater (heavy duty), car cleaning kit, spare bulbs...

Basically it's a garage in a car...

2003KJ

Reaction score
cowdogg said:

Hey wow I didn't even think of TP...thats a good idea! I think i'll throw a roll in tomorrow!

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i keep in a hard plastic box the following

recovery kit ( snatch Strap, 2 rated shackles, leather riggers gloves)
tri fold shovel
2 camping microfibre towels
insect repellent repels ticks, leeches, sand flies mozzies ect
first aid kit
toilet paper
fire starter
12V fluro light
leatherrman
backup hand held UHF radio
a length of chain
spare hat
torch