Liberty on the loose in France

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

read6737

Reaction score
I live in central France near Limoges. I have a 2005 2.8CRD
that I have had for 4years, only mods are chipped to about 200bhp giving better pull off response and economy, 50/50 tires and better silicone turbo pipes. It had a hard life before I got it and has had rough times since.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Bonjour !
Curious what is the price for diesel fuel in France?
Feel free to post a photo or two of your Jeep!

John Todd

Reaction score
Bonjour !
Curious what is the price for diesel fuel in France?
Feel free to post a photo or two of your Jeep!
Bonjour to you! I just filled my tank in Villebois Lavalette, which is just north of the Charente border with the Dordogne, and diesel was €2.10 a litre. Last week I filled my Merc and it was €2.20. Ouch!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya that is expensive in euros.
We are hovering around $2 per litre for 87 octane here in Canada.
Filling the Jeep now is crazy expensive. We need to create are own fuel lottery game/ tickets !! o_O

read6737

Reaction score
Put fuel in yesterday but did not look at the price not bought any for about a month as the jeep has been off the road head leak and then found starter was failing, New starter and a liquid resin fixed head.
Power is back and starts on the button. Wow I had forgotten how quick she picked her feet up,
ok and the fuel was 2 euros a litre.

read6737

Reaction score
So went out for lunch and took 2 snaps.
She is always dirty and carries tools electrical equipment
as I am am electrician working in the country side on farms with poor access, fixing mainly problems english electricians cannot do or make a mess doing and then certificate it to connect to the national electrical network.
I have great fun

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-29 at 15.48.43 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-29 at 15.48.43 (1).jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-29 at 15.48.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-29 at 15.48.43.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 11

read6737

Reaction score
LOL LOL
you like pics of a dirty Jeep,
wait till is take photos of the inside.
I got the yard brush out on sunday
to brush the seats to take the wife and kids to the airport.
LOL

Reactions: klc

JeepKJ04

Reaction score
Ya that is expensive in euros.
We are hovering around $2 per litre for 87 octane here in Canada.
Filling the Jeep now is crazy expensive. We need to create are own fuel lottery game/ tickets !! o_O
Yeah here its $3.50 for 87 and $4.60 for diesel

John Todd

Reaction score
So went out for lunch and took 2 snaps.
She is always dirty and carries tools electrical equipment
as I am am electrician working in the country side on farms with poor access, fixing mainly problems english electricians cannot do or make a mess doing and then certificate it to connect to the national electrical network.
I have great fun
Where are you again? Can't remember. I'm in 24320.

read6737

Reaction score
Just looked up 24320, went down that way about 8 year ago for a long time over 6 months following round a very bad english electrician each client then passed me on to the next, lots to do it was bad bad work. got al ot of money out of his work LOL

Last edited:

John Todd

Reaction score
Just looked up 24320, went down that way about 8 year ago for a long time over 6 months following round a very bad english electrician each client then passed me on to the next, lots to do it was bad bad work. got al ot of money out of his work LOL
You're not that far away. As for an electrician, I'm afraid that there are many people who suddenly became experienced tradesmen/women when they came to France!

read6737

Reaction score
Yes there are far too many cowboys and idiots doing a lot of dangerous work.
Wrong materials, improper use, no insurance and no idea of the French Law or Norms.
I trained in France and went to collage here so I have all my French Professional qualifications in domestic, Public and industrial insulations enableing me to run a business, employ and train electricians and supervise their work, my K-Bis and professional certificates are registered in Paris with the Consuel, In 2006 the French publication "Le Point" did an article on me at the request of the Chamber de metiers.

Reactions: klc

John Todd

Reaction score
Yes there are far too many cowboys and idiots doing a lot of dangerous work.
Wrong materials, improper use, no insurance and no idea of the French Law or Norms.
I trained in France and went to collage here so I have all my French Professional qualifications in domestic, Public and industrial insulations enableing me to run a business, employ and train electricians and supervise their work, my K-Bis and professional certificates are registered in Paris with the Consuel, In 2006 the French publication "Le Point" did an article on me at the request of the Chamber de metiers.
Wow. Good for you. Whereas I'm 78 and retired over here at 60. When I can breathe, which is less and less and often, my hobby time is spent on restoring a 1970 E Type convertible. I've only been working on it for 15 years .....

read6737

Reaction score
I am 61 so due to retire next year if I want to in France. Hobbies target shooting I qualified here as an instructor and a competition judge back in 2005 and I collect fire arms.
I have sat in a garage in the garden a car to restore see photo.
For those who dont know what it is the other side if the pond it is a
Renault R5 Gordini Turbo
and being a Cabriolet it is only Turbo vertion left and I know of only 2 others that are no turbo versions,
I have all the parts to finish her but I am not going to do an as new rebuild as it is only the sills inners and outers and some floor water got in with last owner, and 2 small bits that need welding.
I have 2 other Gordini Turbos one just finishing its rebuild the other is for parts as it is rotten, but if I can find a good shell I may re build it as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

John Todd

Reaction score
Yes, that is a rarity. I've never actually seen one. My Jeep is a 2005 2.8CRD UK spec RHD, bought as a runaround to take stuff to the tip, pull a trailer full of logs for the woodburner etc. I'm very impressed with the handling for what is a tallish and fairly narrow vehicle and the rack-and-pinion steering is a big plus. However I seem to get regular electrical gremlins so there's always something wrong. At the moment it's the oil pressure warning light which started to come on a few weeks ago. It comes and goes and I'm fairly certain that it's an electrical fault rather than actual low pressure. Let's hope I'm right!

read6737

Reaction score
I had surgery just over 2 weeks ago and need to protect my lower abdomen for very long time,no heavy lifting due to risk of a hurnea my Jeep is an auto, light stearing so very easy to drive and the seat belt is low enough not ot bother me, where as the little toyota aygo hurts,

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Yes, that is a rarity. I've never actually seen one. My Jeep is a 2005 2.8CRD UK spec RHD, bought as a runaround to take stuff to the tip, pull a trailer full of logs for the woodburner etc. I'm very impressed with the handling for what is a tallish and fairly narrow vehicle and the rack-and-pinion steering is a big plus. However I seem to get regular electrical gremlins so there's always something wrong. At the moment it's the oil pressure warning light which started to come on a few weeks ago. It comes and goes and I'm fairly certain that it's an electrical fault rather than actual low pressure. Let's hope I'm right!
Oil pressure sensors on the CRD have gone bad; located just above the oil filter.

Latest posts

Members online