Bonjour ! from france

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by clemKJ24400FR, Apr 13, 2021.

1. clemKJ24400FR

clemKJ24400FR New Member

Hy,
    Im new on this forum and im shure it's the best place for all my questions i have about my jeep.
    I have now since 5 years a 2005 KJ 2.8l and i managed to fix a lot a stuff on it by myself.
    But now its the time for me to share my experiences if i can help and also get some precious advise to help me when i get lost deep inside the engine !

I live in france and some kj are running around but the 2nd hand parts starts to be really hard to find and we don't have that much good jeep dealers here. or the sells the parts way to expensive...

SO ! im happy to be here, to share all the things i like about this car with you !

Jeep KJ 2005 2.8lCRD 163ch with a 5" OME sport heavy duty lift kit hand Bf all terrain tires 255/70/16

2. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

You have come to the right place.
    Luckily we have experienced CRD members that are willing to help.
    Oh & Welcome to the forums.

3. jeepchic79

jeepchic79 Full Access Member

Bonjour & Welcome !

4. John Todd

John Todd New Member

Hi. I'm guessing that you're in postcode 24400 in the Dordogne? Which commune is that? I'm in 24320 also with a KJ 2.8CRD.

5. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

ID-Parts has many parts for the 2.8 CRD including timing belt kits. Some special tools are needed for that job. Lots of CRD information on the LOSTJEEPS forum.

6. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

Welcome to the Forum!

As a matter of interest does your "Export" model have the following extra features not available on the USA/Canada models:

Left and Right Rear-view mirrors can fold right right back electrically and then forward again electrically.

Headlight height can be electrically adjusted from inside the cabin.

My RHD 2002 CRD here in South Africa has these features as do the Australian models...makes the USA/Canada owners very jealous!;)

7. clemKJ24400FR

clemKJ24400FR New Member

hey !
    Don't have the electrical fold mirrors but i do have the electrical headlight and its really helpful when i drive with caravans or big trailers !!

24400 is Mussidan not that far from you ! if one day you need help, just knock the door ! ;)