Liberty Grille question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clay04

Reaction score
So I own an 06 Liberty Sport. I just installed an ARB front bumper so it covers up the fog lights on the grille but I need to push my bumper in a bit more. Most pictures of the Liberties I see with this bumper have a grille that appears to be from an 04 Liberty. My question is, will an 04 grille fit onto an 06 Liberty? Keep in mind I don’t need the fog lights.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I own an 06 Liberty Sport. I just installed an ARB front bumper so it covers up the fog lights on the grille but I need to push my bumper in a bit more. Most pictures of the Liberties I see with this bumper have a grille that appears to be from an 04 Liberty. My question is, will an 04 grille fit onto an 06 Liberty? Keep in mind I don’t need the fog lights.

No won't work, are you sure you got the right ARB ??

Pictures??

Clay04

Reaction score
I’ll have to take one later but it’s the only ARB their site even offers for my Jeep. Even the instructions show my Jeep model but at the end it’s the same Jeep and a different grille.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's the bumper for an 02-04.... there is a different one for 05-07. Look at the driving lamps in the bumper on the one you have, vs what's shown on ARB's website. Small vs large.

Remember how the 05+ have the small fog/driving lamps in the grille, and the older KJ's have the bigger 6" or so lamps down in the corners of the bumper, down low? Yeah.. that's the easiest way to tell.

It would be my guess, as someone who does not have an ARB (yet), that because the grilles (and other parts) are different, there are slight manufacturing differences in the two bumpers.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I know, that is the '05-07 bumper (partNo.3450170).

The bumper for 02-04 is (partNo.3450160) and uses the stock turn signal lights. It is the one in the following photo:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12000_8002_07.htm

Could be.. yeah.. but then look at what he has.. vs what is shown on the website, that is attached to an 05-07 model... not the same in the foglight area..

You must be registered for see images attach

Plus.. for whatever reason, there is a +$200 price difference on the 02-04 vs 05-07. Something, other than the foglight hole size has got to be different.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the fog lights are different, they look like the 02-04 model...
Nevertheless, the PartNo's I've written are the correct ones according to ARB's Application Guide https://view.publitas.com/arb-4x4-accessories-1/export-vehicle-application-guide-june-2017-1/page/66-67

I see.. so then there are three variants to this bumper? The one for 02-04 using stock turn signal lenses, then the small fog and large fog light versions of the 05+?

So it would seem the OP does indeed have the correct one, and his issue is something else.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I see.. so then there are three variants to this bumper? The one for 02-04 using stock turn signal lenses, then the small fog and large fog light versions of the 05+?

So it would seem the OP does indeed have the correct one, and his issue is something else.

First ones used stock turn signals in the 02-04s
Then they changed to smaller ones later on

Latest posts

Members online