liberty getting harder on gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just changed the spark plugs about a month ago the mileage was great. then I have noticed this past week my mileage has really gone down hill.
like using a quarter tank of gas to go 85 kms . same roads ,same driver ,same driving habits . haven't noticed any leaks and it starts and runs flawlessly.

any thoughts ? :shrug:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check tire pressures also. You lose some in the cold and that would make a difference.

Dave

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but when did you last change the air filter?

new in November (stock replacement)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check tire pressures also. You lose some in the cold and that would make a difference.

Dave

will do

Life Liberty Happiness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still pull it out and check it anyway.
Does it show any other signs of an issue? Poor idle or power loss?
How did the spark plug boots look? If they aren't seated all the way or if they show any signs of cracking they could be partially arcing out.
How many miles total on it now?

new jeep owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still pull it out and check it anyway.
Does it show any other signs of an issue? Poor idle or power loss?
How did the spark plug boots look? If they aren't seated all the way or if they show any signs of cracking they could be partially arcing out.
How many miles total on it now?

starts right away ,idles smooth .miles ? 83000 kms and change.
the boots were in good condition at the time . haven't had a chance to pull the air filter yet ,damn winter and cold winds.
I have to do my maintenence in my driveway since I don't have a garage .
a few friends do, but usualy when they are home I'm working (shift work ) and don't like to ask to use the garage if they aren't going to be there.