Let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't really posted any mods that I've done recently so I thought I'd post to see what everyone thought. I love the mods that I've done, but feel free to rip them apart if you don't--I'm hard to offend :p.

The new stuff I've done:
Herculined my old chrome grille- I looked for one from a junk yard for under 100 to herculine so that I could sell the chrome and possibly make money, but wasn't happening.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thule Playpen roof basket- $75 off craigslist from a hippy i go to school with, it was grey but I painted it black and put it on homemade crossrails

VHT niteshades- easiest tinting stuff ever. Did the signals, little corner marker thingies, and 3rd brake light.

Grille Mesh- Same gutter stuff that everyone uses. I'm thinking about spray painting the inserts a darker grey so they look like a more expensive metal. what do you think?

Yeah, my wheels suck. And I need a lift.

This post is all about me and im a self-centered prick, but feel free to hyjack it and ask questions etc.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how the grill and the basket looks it kind of blends with the jeep

Real nice man

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Paint the grill insert black. Just a thought.

Dave

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
You ruined a $250.00+ chrome grill, nice... Ebay; un-painted factory grills for like $75.00 dude... Could have sold the chrome one just to break even? Not rippin; ya, I just would like to have a chrome one...

Other than that, looks cool, almost like a Range Rover. All you need is a snorkel intake.

ranger81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did a Google search for a Libby grill with an American flag overlay or paint job- no luck. I thought that might be cool.

ScottZ0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. I always like the basket on the roof of these rides. BTW, the HU you get. I was wondering about the sleeve. Did you get that from Crutchfield?

ScottZ0

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't really posted any mods that I've done recently so I thought I'd post to see what everyone thought. I love the mods that I've done, but feel free to rip them apart if you don't--I'm hard to offend :p.

The new stuff I've done:
Herculined my old chrome grille- I looked for one from a junk yard for under 100 to herculine so that I could sell the chrome and possibly make money, but wasn't happening.

Thule Playpen roof basket- $75 off craigslist from a hippy i go to school with, it was grey but I painted it black and put it on homemade crossrails

VHT niteshades- easiest tinting stuff ever. Did the signals, little corner marker thingies, and 3rd brake light.

Grille Mesh- Same gutter stuff that everyone uses. I'm thinking about spray painting the inserts a darker grey so they look like a more expensive metal. what do you think?

The darker you go with your billet inserts, the harder they're going to be to see, which in my opinion, is missing the point. I'd leave them silver, or go with a different color altogether. I went yellow with mine, and against the black, they stand out nicely. Silver would have worked as well, but I liked the color.

Your inverter's too small. I'm persnickety about those things. I mean, you can charge your digital cameras, and probably your laptop, but after that your options are thin.

I'm a little confused about the grill. You can get a brand new replacement grill insert for $80.00, so why hunting the junkyards for "under $100"? Seems like taking the long way around the problem.

http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?N=1557+10856+4294964664+9214

As far as looks go, mods look good. No complaints.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The darker you go with your billet inserts, the harder they're going to be to see, which in my opinion, is missing the point. I'd leave them silver, or go with a different color altogether. I went yellow with mine, and against the black, they stand out nicely. Silver would have worked as well, but I liked the color.

Your inverter's too small. I'm persnickety about those things. I mean, you can charge your digital cameras, and probably your laptop, but after that your options are thin.

I'm a little confused about the grill. You can get a brand new replacement grill insert for $80.00, so why hunting the junkyards for "under $100"? Seems like taking the long way around the problem.

I couldn't find any for under 100 that fit the 06, and had the fog holes. As for the inverter, I got it for 20 at dick's because I had a gift card. It handles up to 800W, which works for my laptop and video camera, and small stuff like that. I haven't checked if it can handle a shop-vac (id like to keep the KJ clean and there arent many outlets around since I'm in college). I'd love to be able to run a shopvac and clean once a week or so!

Searcher67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have an 800 watt inverter, doubt I could run a shop vac on it, but you know I'm gonna try in a few min! I like how its mounted.. I use mine for the lap top, phones and camera chargers when we go camping. Theres NO outlets out there!

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I know a guy who does custom art work, his name is ART too, and he looks like Jesus. He made me a lot of stuff for other cars. So, if you wanted to buy a grille, and send it to him, he could paint it on for you. He does it all by hand too, excellent work, and cheap. He made me a "Starfleet Academy" (with the a TNG communicator symbol above it) rear window decal WAY before anyone even thought of making them. Had people pulling me over askimg me WHERE they could get one. I got him so much business making those, I got a freebie...

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love wher you put the inverter, I been trying to figure out where to put mine....now I know.
I have one of those 7A shopvacs, looks like a small version of R2D2, it works fine with the inverter (700W)