Leather -Vs- Cloth front seat comfort ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's 05 has cloth seats. She really wanted leather when we bought the truck new but I was too cheap to pay extra for a Limited. LOL!

Anyways, I've been pondering buying a pair of used Leather seats to stick in her Liberty. Plus the fact that I've always hated the seating position and comfort of the front seats. It feels to me like I'm sitting on a tall, wooden bar stool.

Does anyone know if there is any difference to the comfort and/or seating positions between the leather -vs- cloth seats ?

Last edited:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leather is the one thing I hate in mine, hot in summer, cold in winter. Seat heaters DO come up to warmth quicker.

Sweat ALL the time. Slippery.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was first looking at a KJ I tried the Ltd with leather seats - hated them. The test drive was on a hot day and the seats were sweaty, my shirt and trousers looked like I'd had an accident and felt disgusting, plus I was sliding around the seat on corners. Tried a Sport with the cloth seats and felt much better - no moving around, so I felt much more in control, and much less sweating. I find them easy to clean as well.

KJDevildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was first looking at a KJ I tried the Ltd with leather seats - hated them. The test drive was on a hot day and the seats were sweaty, my shirt and trousers looked like I'd had an accident and felt disgusting, plus I was sliding around the seat on corners. Tried a Sport with the cloth seats and felt much better - no moving around, so I felt much more in control, and much less sweating. I find them easy to clean as well.

PLEASE tell us your secret...

BIRDMAN

Reaction score
that's really a toss up. i like the look and feel of a quality leather seat the best. but damn there's nothing better than sinking in to a well worn upholstery seat and falling asleep at the wheel :confused:

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Limited with leather seats. Leather is so cheap and so bad that I will need to re-do seat in near future. Driver seat (which is used most :)) has leather breakage on side cushion which grows and grows :(. So I would not recommend original leather seats.

user113

Reaction score
Only "Leather Trimmed"

The leather seats in the '05s are only "leather trimmed." The center panels are leather in both the seat bottom and the seat back, while the edge panels are vinyl. So, half of what you're sitting on is not even leather. As to comfort, I think the leather seats feel a bit firmer, while the cloth seats (on a friend's '06) seems softer.