Leather seats on the Liberty Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlots

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on the leather quality on the seats that come with the Liberty Limited? Do you think they will hold up well? I just got done ordering a 2005. My first jeep!

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the leather seats on my renny (I assume they are the same). Did you opt for the heat? It's a must have, I love it

Mlots

Reaction score
Yes, I did opt for the heated seats. I wish I would have payed more attention to the leather quality. It's good to know that you love the leather seats on your Renegade. I'm sure they are the same. Well, I guess only time will tell how they hold up, eh? Some of these vehicles come with some cheap leather that doesn't even hold up well ad=fter a few months (bad experience with my 1998 F-150).

Do you use the heated seats in cold weather only? Some people have said they use them when they have back pain.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I have an '02 w/heated leather. They have held up well, and the heat is really great in the winter.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the quality of the heated leather seats & leather wrapped steering wheel in my CRD Limited. =P~
Greg

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was led to believe that Liberty has cheap leather (compared to other vehicles??). I've never owned leather, but last Aug. the gf and I opted for the heated leather on our '04. With that in mind and being a bit paranoid, three times now we've done the once over with the Lexol cleaner followed immediately by the conditioner, and so far they look as good as the day we bought it. Time will only tell, but I think they'll last.
If you live in the cold climate you'll grin from ear to ear every time you use the seat heater, it's a nice little feature.
I've had a few people drive up behind me with their high beams on (they forget to dim them, or whatever) and the auto-dimming mirror is also one of my favourite features.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
I was led to believe that Liberty has cheap leather (compared to other vehicles??).

The leather in my 02 is not what I consider "premium" grade, although that's how they advertised it. I've found them to be more than adequate however. Sitting in my WJ Overland's seats gave me an idea of what "premium" feels like. It's possible, & I would hope that DC upgraded the KJ leather in recent years.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my driver's side bottom portion. It started to crack where there were wrinkles at about 25k. I did the Lexol cleaner/conditioner quarterly. There was a thread over at JU where several people experienced cracking. It's not like VW or BMW grade leather. It feels quite a bit thinner. You get what you pay for...

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree...I don't have leather on my Rocky Mountain Lib but had it in my Sebring Convertible, which had comperable leather to the Limited Liberty I test drove. I had the car for less than 2 years and parts of the leather cracked and wore out, despite using the leather protectant on a frequent basis. But on the plus note I MISS my heated leather seats during the winter.....they are very nice :-({|=

Latest posts

Members online