Leaking when it rains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GmasJeep

Reaction score
Ok, now that I know you are all amazing and helped me to fix an immediate problem maybe you can help with this. I have a luggage rack, whether that makes a difference or not I don't know. But ever since I got my jeep 3 years ago it leaks onto the floor every time it rains, only on passenger side. Both door seals seem to be okay. Any suggestions?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the rain visibly dripping down from above? Or just soaking the carpet?

If it's the latter, I'd check the windshield seals. Rain can seep in around the edges and flow undetected down to the floor. I had this on several old vehicles and fixed it by carefully peeling back the rubber seal and then squirting a little caulk in the gap underneath. :)

GmasJeep

Reaction score
I did tear apart my A Pillar yesterday and pulled my top down a little. The drain was free of particles and connected correctly. It seems to start at the sides and goes in. So to answer the first question, no, it does not drip, it stays contained within the carpet. Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep searching.....

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of a similar problem were it was leaking around the air intake area under the cowl for the out door air intake on the heater and AC.

GmasJeep

Reaction score
Ok, I have my parts off and carpet pulled back. It is not leaking from behind the dash. It is coming from the side for sure. My pan where ALL my wiring was at was completely full of water so I had to pull the foam from the holes to let it drain (have to find something now to fill them holes back up when I am done). Ugh....I will find this somehow!!!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
An old trick is to take as much of the interior trim off as can be easily removed, then have someone hit it with a garden hose. You sit inside and watch. Hold the hose close, leave the spray nozzle off, and don't have the water running very hard - just enough to soak a small area at a time. I used to have to hunt down roof leaks in buildings and sometimes the water would travel 20 feet along the roof pan before it came out. Once you find the entry point you should be in business. :cheers:

hmmrdwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sons liberty had a massive rust at the rear roof rack mounting point. I used fiberglass filler.

Latest posts

Members online