last few pieces to order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I am getting all the final pieces together for my lift and need a little help. I've got new springs front and rear, rear shocks, front struts and 1/4" strut spacers taken care of now all I need is the little stuff. I plan on having all new so I can build my struts ahead of time before taking my kj apart since I don't have much time away from work. What all do I need as far as spring isolators for the front? I see the isolators work for both top and bottom but I was looking at rock auto and they list a front spring seat as well, do I need a pair of those as well? Second I plan on adding an extra isolator on each side on the rear so do I get an extra set of uppers or lowers? And lastly on the front when it comes to assembling is it strut, spring seat, lower isolator, spring, upper iso, top plate in that order?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I am getting all the final pieces together for my lift and need a little help. I've got new springs front and rear, rear shocks, front struts and 1/4" strut spacers taken care of now all I need is the little stuff. I plan on having all new so I can build my struts ahead of time before taking my kj apart since I don't have much time away from work. What all do I need as far as spring isolators for the front? I see the isolators work for both top and bottom but I was looking at rock auto and they list a front spring seat as well, do I need a pair of those as well? Second I plan on adding an extra isolator on each side on the rear so do I get an extra set of uppers or lowers? And lastly on the front when it comes to assembling is it strut, spring seat, lower isolator, spring, upper iso, top plate in that order?

What springs shocks etc are you going with? Just curious
For the front setup you'll need the top mounting plate, if through NAPA there's comes with the isolator, then of course need one ( isolator ) for the bottom
To put everything together I would take to a shop and let them do it, stock springs are easy but 400 lb springs can be a handful, but isolator on bottom , springs isolator top mounting plate, then top 1/4 inch plate goes on when ready to install.
Rear use upper isolators
Do you have bumpstops ordered yet? Teraflex for front, two bumpstops per side in the rear bolted down if not.

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to pick up the BDS kit from my coworker for dirt cheap( talked him down to $175). It has never even been opened up.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You do realize that it comes with a top mount already in the kit don't you? All you need are isolators for the front then put everything together
I see you are getting all 4 shocks, that's good since the BDS shocks are cheap hydraulic ones

jrogers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct and one of the reasons I went ahead and picked it up. I figured for the price I'm paying for the kit its barely more than just a pair of top mounts. I'll be sure to order the tereflex bump stops for the front and fab something up for the front. Am I thinking correctly to add the extra rear upper iso to even things out with the front strut spacer plate?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's correct and one of the reasons I went ahead and picked it up. I figured for the price I'm paying for the kit its barely more than just a pair of top mounts. I'll be sure to order the tereflex bump stops for the front and fab something up for the front. Am I thinking correctly to add the extra rear upper iso to even things out with the front strut spacer plate?

You should be close we've only been involved in one BDS install but if memory serves it should be pretty close to level, if not easy enough to add / subtract after it settles in .

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should also go ahead and put the bump stops in the rear while you have everything torn apart. Just do a quick search for hockey puck bumpstops. They aren't hard to make and drilling the hole in the rear spring perches is easy with the springs out of the way. A 90 degree drill makes it super easy compared to a regular drill as well. The hockey pucks you can pick up at most sporting goods stores. 2 per side is what most of us use.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you got them around here right now they would probably be frozen anyway. :icon_lol:

Latest posts

Members online