Kuhmo SAT KL61's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever run these? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+SAT+KL61
I like them compared to the Firestone Destination AT's because they have a rim guard. They're ranked pretty good on tirerack too. Just curious about real-world reviews.

Also, can you run 265/70R16 on these Liberty's with an OME lift? Seems to me like there should be plenty of room to run a bigger tire....is it mostly an issue with clearance when turning the wheels? Cause it sure looks like there's enough room in there to run a 32. I don't want to go 265/75, but I want the wider tire that a 265/70 offers over a 245/75.

Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say they would be a decent tire. I ran the Kumho KL78s for 15-18,000 miles in a 255-70 and they did great, was wearing real well.
As far as a OME lift is it just springs/ springs-clevis or what?
Also what wheels are you running? If stock the 265-70s may ( more than likely will) rub on the sway bar when fully turned.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have Kumho Road Venture KL51's on my LR3, they are great tires.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock 16X7 sport rims. In hindsight, I'm not sure if those are wide enough rims for those tires. I know they technically fit, but would tend to pinch the sidewalls in a bit and crown the tread surface.

Just OME spring lift for now, but I need to replace my clevis bushings, so before tires I plan to do at least a clevis lift.

The biggest reason for wanting wider tires is the wider stance. I suppose I could always do a rim spacer if that would help out any with the rubbing.

Last edited: