Known 2008 Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seadog-68

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have been a member here for a while and have been able to keep our 2003 Liberty on the road for 350,000+KM (kilometers...I am located in Canada)

Seems though that now it is time to upgrade as she is getting a little long in the tooth.

My wife and I are currently looking at a couple 2008 Liberties and I was curious to know if there are any "known" issues to look for when buying a used one.

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have been a member here for a while and have been able to keep our 2003 Liberty on the road for 350,000+KM (kilometers...I am located in Canada)

Seems though that now it is time to upgrade as she is getting a little long in the tooth.

My wife and I are currently looking at a couple 2008 Liberties and I was curious to know if there are any "known" issues to look for when buying a used one.

Mine burps gas every time I fill up. There is a TSB that says to replace the gas tank.

dsmmrm

Reaction score
Mine burps gas every time I fill up. There is a TSB that says to replace the gas tank.

My 2008 does that badly. Dealer told me there are no tsbs that offer warranty extension (free fix) on the 2008 at all for any problems.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 does that badly. Dealer told me there are no tsbs that offer warranty extension (free fix) on the 2008 at all for any problems.

It must be a Jeep Thing.

My 2006 KJ Sport does it too and so does my wife's 2007 Compass.

Latest posts

Members online