KK Steering Wheel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mari

Reaction score
You can easily distinguish it on your cluster/speedometer para_seb.

If you have EVIC installed in your vehicle (the EVIC unit is housed within your cluster) than you will have a dot matrix display below your speed display showing the compass, the temperature and radio information. Also you will see all alerts here (e.g. when the door is open, if you leave your lights on etc.)

If you do not have EVIC installed, that the display will only show the compass and the temperature in a much simpler display (segment display).

Look at the attached pictures, it will make it all clear.

Attachments

• No.Evic.jpg
    No.Evic.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Evic.jpg
    Evic.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 45

vette95

Reaction score
Bumping.

So, in this same subject I want to touch 2 sub-subjects.

My 2008 KK, US model, has the basic steering wheel with no radio controls on it. I was wondering if it's possible to get that wheel with the controls and make it work without having to add wiring. I guess what I'm asking is if the wiring to the radio is already there.

Also, mine has the basic headlights assembly, no fog lights, so the lights stick doesn't have the fog lights switch (pulling out on the lights switch). If I was to change the headlights assembly with fog lights, and bought the stick with the switch for the fog lights, or even the whole assembly of the control sticks, is there any wiring required here as well?

Thanks beforehand guys.

Edit: my KK has no EVIC

Last edited:

Dionisis KK

Reaction score
Hello guys.
Sorry for opening that thread again..

I own a Liberty/Cherokee KK 2008 Limited.

I installed a steering wheel from a 2011 Liberty but EVIC, horn and radio controls are not responding.
My old wheel had all these functions.

Any ideas of how I can make it functional?

I was told that I should upgrade my
cluster to a 2011 too. Is it going to be compatible?

Thank you