KK Off Road Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy over on JK-Forum had some pics posted of him and his buddies off road, one of which had a new KK....

You must be registered for see images attach

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea those were posted over on lost, the owner of that kk is the mod for the KK section at LOST "diggerfreak"

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!!! Glad to see them getting dirty. Now all he needs is a "got groceries?" sticker. One thing I don't care too much for is the spare being mounted where it is....

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!!! Glad to see them getting dirty. Now all he needs is a "got groceries?" sticker. One thing I don't care too much for is the spare being mounted where it is....

does anyone know if an oversize (bigger than OE) would fit in the spare spot?

if it doesnt, that blows, its like the new land rovers, lr2 and lr3

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would rather land on that tire than my fuel tank =p not to mention that my oversized spare makes the rear door squeek and rattle over the bumps off roading because of the wight i guess... noisy anyhow... tho i wouldnt wanna have to crawl under the car to get the spare out and dispite my complaining, i like where the kj spare is better also =)

is there a lift for the kk yet?
there was some quick disconnect sway bar looking thing under that kk... what was that?

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah daystar makes the only lift i know of. i dontlike the spare under there, nor do i like the top heavy rover look. whats up with the exaust, looks like two exausts

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
3rd picture is THE WINNER....... THE WINNER I SAY
You must be registered for see images

rest looks like it is gonna tip over, but we know it won't..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are neat pic's. I like the rims but I also do not like the spare tire underneith.

I wonder if there is an aftermarket rear mount for the KK spare? It would look good on the back and keep it out of harm's way I think.

Dave

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOW I get it! If you are on a trail & have a flat, it could be a real pain to change. I'll stick to the gate mount or carry it on top. Too bad it isn't internal the way my step-son's "Kee" was mounted...

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone will come out with a rack to mount the spare out back I am sure...the gas tanks aren't in back of the JKs anymore either...I remember waiting for lifts when I first had my KJ too, they will come....overall, I like the look of the new KK...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
...the gas tanks aren't in back of the JKs anymore either...

New Federal requirement......no more gas tanks mounted in the rear for safery reasons. They are supposed to be further forward and between the frame rails for protection.

Dave

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Federal requirement......no more gas tanks mounted in the rear for safery reasons. They are supposed to be further forward and between the frame rails for protection.

Dave

Cool, I knew it was for safety reasons, but I didn't know that it was mandated by Uncle Sam...:)

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you guys like my pictures do you?

Yep, they are cool. Our new 08 Liberty replaces the wife's Camery;) One of the owners of the Jeep dealership got a kick out of my wife while we were picking up the Liberty, this past Saturday - They had an o6 there that see call "cute". Made me glad they changed the body style:rolleyes:

Both our Jeeps -

airbornekk08

Reaction score
All I can think about see those pics is,

Hrmmm,

Relocate spare tire to basket up top,
Install a 2.5 gallon air tank and compressor in the space that WAS for the tire,
Throw an after market piece of steel on the back to replace the plastic bumper...

Missing anything so far?

Looks good!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Dave

interesting isn't it that they are making them relocate all the gas tanks on new vehicles, seems like GM was in a bunch of trouble from supposedly bad gas tank location on their pickups, mmmm yes they were in the middle, stupid government and insurance companies

oh and the side hits of the GM trucks and the explosions were all faked just to make it all look good as well.

Oh and by the way the new Libertys are still dog ugly, I will drive cute before dog ugly