KK Front Max Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntert98

Reaction score
I have heard tommudd say before hes ran a KJ with a 4.5 lift in the front with no cradle drop. If the KJ has a stock hub-center-to-fender of 19", does that mean after the lift it was at 23.5"?

If the KK has 18" stock fender height, is it possible to get it up to 23.5" too (+5.5??)??

I would be using my WIP Fox coilover lift to do this

What other issues would come in at that height?

Right now my KKs front is sitting at about 21.25. I'm really looking to get about another 1.5", which would set me to 22.75"

Any other thoughts?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a JBA 4” adjust a strut lift, similar to your setup. I wouldn’t want to go over 4 inches for a few reasons. Drivability is one. The higher the Jeep goes, the more the electronic stability control kicks in at stupid times, like slowly turning corners in the city. It also raises your center of gravity and affects handling around corners. Secondly, the CV’s will be at extreme angles and will wear out quicker.

A few other considerations above 3” of lift on the KK:
JBA upper control arms will be required to dial in your alignment.
You will need an adjustable track bar for the rear end to center the axle.
Longer sway bar links and longer brake hoses will help in the rear. (Not needed on the front)

huntert98

Reaction score
I have a JBA 4” adjust a strut lift, similar to your setup. I wouldn’t want to go over 4 inches for a few reasons. Drivability is one. The higher the Jeep goes, the more the electronic stability control kicks in at stupid times, like slowly turning corners in the city. It also raises your center of gravity and affects handling around corners. Secondly, the CV’s will be at extreme angles and will wear out quicker.

A few other considerations above 3” of lift on the KK:
JBA upper control arms will be required to dial in your alignment.
You will need an adjustable track bar for the rear end to center the axle.
Longer sway bar links and longer brake hoses will help in the rear. (Not needed on the front)
Would 4" mean 22" hub center to fender flare or 23"?

Honestly if the CVs last 50k, I'd be happy with that

And thanks, i forgot about the ESP! Ive heard there are "tuners" that can fix this for the grand cherokees, I wonder if theres something for the liberty

I dont have the suspension on yet, right now im still on the OME springs/shocks combo and top plates that most run

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the KK a 4 inch lift is 22” hub center to fender in front (18” is stock).

There are no tuners to fix the ESP problem on KK’s as far as I know. A good alignment helps a lot but doesn’t completely solve it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard tommudd say before hes ran a KJ with a 4.5 lift in the front with no cradle drop. If the KJ has a stock hub-center-to-fender of 19", does that mean after the lift it was at 23.5"?

If the KK has 18" stock fender height, is it possible to get it up to 23.5" too (+5.5??)??

I would be using my WIP Fox coilover lift to do this

What other issues would come in at that height?

Right now my KKs front is sitting at about 21.25. I'm really looking to get about another 1.5", which would set me to 22.75"

Any other thoughts?
Yes I did , but CVs were an issue at that height
yes it was that height with JBA coilover lift
My DD is sit at 2.75 now for a reason, with same lift setup

huntert98

Reaction score
How do you feel about a KK lifted to 23" hub-to fender? I know its "5 inches" but I dont see how the KJ can be lifted higher just because the stock suspension was higher

And of course, this would be with a lift similar to the JBA coilovers

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KK fenders start lower if I understand it correctly. So a KJ at 19 in front is the same starting point as a KK at 18. Thus, a 4 inch lift doesn’t lift a KJ higher than a KK. You wouldn’t need a 5 inch lift on a KK to make it equal to a 4 inch lifted KJ.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run mine at about 3.5 these days, maybe less depending on spring sag. It’s been lifted for 120K miles. But 4 seemed a bit extreme so I reduced it after a while.

huntert98

Reaction score
The KK fenders start lower if I understand it correctly. So a KJ at 19 in front is the same starting point as a KK at 18. Thus, a 4 inch lift doesn’t lift a KJ higher than a KK. You wouldn’t need a 5 inch lift on a KK to make it equal to a 4 inch lifted KJ.
Ah, that makes sense. Maybe i will just have to modify those pesky things ;)

Latest posts

Members online