KJ's a pretty good off-roader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishyx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was never a big Jeep fan but I gotta say that I'm really liking the hunt camp KJ!!! Been bow hunting with it the last 10 days and I'm very impressed with it's off-road ability. Great turning radius, good ground clearance, plenty of power and awesome break over angles. The best part is not having to worry about scratches and dents!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are having fun with your KJ.

Dave

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was never a big Jeep fan but I gotta say that I'm really liking the hunt camp KJ!!! Been bow hunting with it the last 10 days and I'm very impressed with it's off-road ability. Great turning radius, good ground clearance, plenty of power and awesome break over angles. The best part is not having to worry about scratches and dents!!!

Yes mine is great in the wilds of the parking garage at work. Size and maneuverability allows me to squeeze into any spot and easily navigate around those who can't park worth a damn. I probably get more scratches and dents in the garage than you get in the woods. :happy175:

Seriously though, I'm envious. Wish I could get mine out in the woods somewhere. Just no time to get it ready for those adventures. I do enjoy getting on this forum and reading and seeing what everyone is doing with their KJs.:party52:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ltd02, wouldn't you have to leave your home state to find a patch of woods in the first place?:gr_grin:

Bob

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ltd02, wouldn't you have to leave your home state to find a patch of woods in the first place?:gr_grin:

Bob

Pretty much. What they consider woods around here in Maryland is more like a median strip or wind break compared to where I grew up. :ROFLJest:

Guess I'll just start driving on the shoulder. Isn't that considered off road?

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha thats about all the offroad i could find in chicago. No time or money with the new addiition to the family.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ is a great off road SUV. Here where i live there is a lot of CJ, Wrangler JK,TJ,YJ, Cherokee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ,WJ. When i park my KJ people ask me if my Liberty is 4wd and i say yes and they say there is not too many of those especially 4x4 here, how good they are? I answer well maintained it will performance very good hard and strong. I start thinking why so many people underestimates the power of the Jeep Liberty. Definitely this people don't know.

Jaxom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jbergun, look for Lost Jeeps Facebook page. I know one of the moderators. Really friendly group in and around Chicagoland.

tigerKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jbergun, when I lived in Chicago my friends and I went out towards Crystal Lake and Fox Lake areas to find some mild off road trails. Then we branched out to Wisconsin and over to the big part of Michigan to Silver Lakes Sand Dunes and the trails around there.

Members online

No members online now.