KJ Tail Gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for KJ tail gate within a couple hours drive of Fairmont WV 26554

Would love to find one in PBJ (Bright Atlantic Blue) color, but any will do.

would like to hve tire carrier as well.

And if available a 05-07 driver side tail light.

Thanks!!!

Wife got rear ended :(

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my current transfer case off a light blue KJ at the local junkyard a month or so ago. I'll check this weekend to see if it's still there. If so, I'll grab the tailgate for ya.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds possible. Thanks.

Where in MD are you?

here is her KJ for color reference:
You must be registered for see images attach

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in central MD, in the College Park area. The junkyard is located in Laurel, MD.

I can't say for sure, but the color of your wife's Jeep looks "brighter" than the one at the junkyard. I seem to recall it being a different shade of blue.

In any case, I'll update you once I have a chance to go check the junkyard.

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. its a 4 hour drive one way but for color match i could probably do it.

paint code on door would be nice to see if its there. ill pm you my number you can call or text when you go. dont make a special trip just to check it though.

i appreciate the effort.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard yesterday but unfortunately they cleared out the entire section of the yard where it was.

I'm planning to make a trip within the next week to another junkyard that I've been told is like a Jeep burial ground. I'll definitely keep you in mind in case there's a blue KJ.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
If you find a decent priced silver one in/around the Midwest for an '02... let me know. :)

deinsig

Reaction score
Went to the junkyard yesterday but unfortunately they cleared out the entire section of the yard where it was.

I'm planning to make a trip within the next week to another junkyard that I've been told is like a Jeep burial ground. I'll definitely keep you in mind in case there's a blue KJ.

I would like to know where this jeep burial ground in md is. I'm like 10 minutes from you in college park md.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never been, but I've heard that Crazy Ray's in Mount Airy is full of Jeeps. The location in Laurel is pretty slim pickins.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two tailgates, both in nice shape. cactus green. I can ship them.

G-MAN455

Reaction score
parting out a 05 jeep liberty can ship usps and take paypal too pics here thanks http://stlouis.ebayclassifieds.com/...ine-******-seats-wheels-tailgate/?ad=43627312

Last edited: