KJ Nub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WireEd

Reaction score
Hi folks. No KJ yet, but looking. I believe the best jeeps are built, not bought so in that regard I already have a '79 CJ5 that I am building the second time. My daily driver is a POS Crown Vic that has a kabillion miles. The wife gets the Commander, which I also do not like. I would buy a new KJ but they do not make them now. Don't get me started on the KK. I've driven them all for work and I really like the KJ. Oh and I've had XJ's, YJ's and even an MJ.

Anyway, I work on transfer case warranty returns so I know a bit about them. I am willing to help folks out here as I get time, so please feel free to ask questions. If I can't answer I can find out.

later,
WireEd

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello WireEd......fellow NY'er and welcome.

You are right that the best jeeps are built since you can build it the exact way that you want. But you can still buy a good jeep anyway and have model choices....etc.

Why don't you like your Commander??

Dave

WireEd

Reaction score
Overall I like the Commander. Mine in particular has had some quality concerns that would make the feint of heart...well...faint. Disconnected ebrake from the factory. It's on its 3rd front differential gearset. Driver front A-pillar leaks. 4.7 runs rough lugging up hill 35-45 mph. Front propshaft has 1st order vibration that shakes me out of my seat at 75mph (and does not if I do not speed...).

Did I say I actually like the vehicle??....No more new vehicles for eddie!!!

Ed

Latest posts

Members online