kj indicator lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06lib4x4

Reaction score
the esp/bas (abs) and traction control indicator came up after we washed it today also the cruise control stopped working does this mean i have a bad sensor?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
the esp/bas (abs) and traction control indicator came up after we washed it today also the cruise control stopped working does this mean i have a bad sensor?

I'd start by checking fuses, but a bad ABS sensor could be a possibility. They're not horribly expensive if you can do it yourself. Around $40 I think. The issue is tracking down which one is bad.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
My ESP/BAS, and traction lights came on when I bought it. They had to replace a clock spring angle sensor. It would be fine, then after a little driving, it came on. Since I had JUST bought it, they replaced it free.

seiran

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.. .......3 times so far.. 2 sensors had to be replaced then the control module.. now it went on again - so who knows what it is this time...

can't seem to find the cause of it though.. literally driving straight down the highway - clear day.. then BING... ESP/BAS, Traction Control, and ABS lights all fire up..

taking it to the dealer to finally have them fix it (they are doing it free since they can't seem to track down the problem).. I'll let you know what they say...

seiran

Reaction score
posted awhile ago and said i'd update (sorry guys)...

took it to the dealer (though different location since the previous time this happened, they didn't seem to fix it).... turned out to be either a steering angle sensor or the TMPS sensor (can't remember which)... though, i want to say it was the steering angle sensor. Anyway - they replaced that + said they rerouted some wiring. Said the wiring was in an area in which it was possible for it to rub and wear down...

anyway - that's what i was told and these guys seem to have fixed it.. since my post in july, all seems to be ok with it...

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I'd start by checking fuses, but a bad ABS sensor could be a possibility. They're not horribly expensive if you can do it yourself. Around $40 I think. The issue is tracking down which one is bad.

It's not that hard. Just plug in your scanner an..oh, wait.

In all seriousness, if you unplug both ends, and test for continuity, it's not that bad. Kind of a long drawn out process, but not in any way difficult.

And cheaper than buying a $2500 scanner :)

TnRebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It could be, I just had to replace the left rear one on mine , and it stopped the cruise control from working also , a code machine will tell you which and if it is a speed sensor. if you are able to do the work do it your self , it coast me $250 at the Stealer-ship.

Latest posts

Members online