keyless entry...short range?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I only have one issue with my liberty. The keyless entry has a short range.

anyone else have this problem? Is it normal or something that can be fixed?

I am away from home and cannot test my other key.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't help ya much, but mine does do the same thing. I thought about replacing the battery, but I've only had it a little over 2 months so that shouldn't be a problem.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to work great? I usually do not need to unlock the jeep till I am beside it.. Doesnt really make a difference if it works along way away?

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the viper alarm with extended range and it's own antenna and it's range is also pretty short compared with my wife's pontiac g6 who's remote will start and unlock from almost as far as you can see..

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't need the range to unlock it until im close to the jeep. I like the range as im walking away. I know I locked it, but I like to turn around and give it one last check as im walking away. On my other truck I had twice the range of the jeep.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rxraptor02 said:
I don't need the range to unlock it until im close to the jeep. I like the range as im walking away. I know I locked it, but I like to turn around and give it one last check as im walking away. On my other truck I had twice the range of the jeep.

same here, it's like when you're walking in to work and you get kinda far away and can't remember if you locked it or not. that's when it gets aggravating, when you gotta walk back towards it to make sure.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
eheheh I put mine to my lips and press the button..
I don't know.. mabey my head is tuned to the wavelenght of the fob.. but I can lock and unlock that puppy from the moon when I do that..

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say mine works about 200 feet away. Far enough... plus I have the horn on to beep at me when it locks/ unlocks.

Off topic: With an old car I use to have, I just left the doors unlocked after a window got smashed, so punk kids wouldn't do it again. Funny thing with that, next time they picked off the lock to get in when it was unlocked! #-o

sparky 1

Reaction score
Mine works fine . As an Auto sparky I have noticed that car car alarms do this when the battery needs replacing . Give it a try .