key remote stopped working after Radio replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MauiJeep

Reaction score
I did some searches and did not find anything. I just installed a new stereo as the old one completely died. Its working well. I got a wiring harness so I did not cut any wires on the jeep. I just noticed that my key would not open or lock the doors. I tried both keys and the same issue. Any thoughts on what this issue might be? Thanks!!!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried new batteries in a key FOB?
Did you disconnect the battery before replacing the stereo?
Have you checked all the fuses? ( I would do a fuse continuity check using a VOM to be certain)

MauiJeep

Reaction score
There was one wire on the Harness that was not supposed to be connected. Don't use the brown wire. Its all working now :D

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 thanks for the fix! Can you tell us what brand harness adapter you used so we can avoid this?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, but how did you figure it out? :)

MauiJeep

Reaction score
First thing I did was pull the radio and the locks worked. Then I knew it had to be something with the wiring harness. This is my first car stereo to ever replace, but I have done a lot with electronics. I pulled out my AXXESS first (which is still not working :( ) Then I found a video explaining all the standard colors for the a car stereo and what they mean. Then I match up all the know items like power, ground, speaker wires and such. After that was all figured out the brown wire was not in the standard list. I cut it and then put the radio back in and it all worked (except the AXXESS) The radio looks great! Waiting on new speakers for it to sound great too.

I hope that helps someone. Thanks for y'alls help!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Your deductive reasoning would have made Sherlock Holmes proud. :favorites13:

Latest posts

Members online