K&N dorp in air filter or stock paper air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are k&N drop in air filters good for liberty or should stick with stock paper air filter which one gives good air flow stock air filter or K&N air filter for money?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K&N's are made for high flow demanding race engines that do not require long lives,plus they can play havoc on certain intake sensors and void some manufactures warranty(stated in owners manual,Ford is one).Your best bet is to get a Amsoil EA series drop in filter,better then OEM paper but filters better then a K&N.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd avoid the K&N if you can. Just go with the AMSOIL drop-in filter. The K&N's are good but you just have to be careful when you are re-oiling them. I did foul the MAF sensor on my Focus b/c I over-oiled the filter.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I have used K&N for years, there's nothing wrong with the DROP IN filter. Had one on every car I owned where I could use one. Got one in my 07 Boulevard C50T since I bought it, nothing wrong with it. Had one in my 2000 Avenger ES; I have one in my 08 Pontiac vibe, Had one in my Geo Tracker before the clamp on cone... I have always used K&N, because I know how to recharge them without oil getting into the intake system, as; The problems arise when the USER over-oils it on the recharge. It doesn't take a professional painter approach to recharge, just a thin film once cleaned, one pass, no coatings.

The last filter in my Avenger was the Air Hog when I sold it. I have a RECHARGED K&N just sitting now, along with a complete timing belt kit & water pump...

There are those other filters too, the other reusable ones that only need cleaned with warm water, Franks Auto supermarket has them, but not for all models. They are some kind of syhtetic fiber filter something...

Last edited: