Just purchased a 2006 Liberty for my sons first car. Registering and saying hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byron

Reaction score
Hello everyone already learned from this group wanted to join and say thank you to all for the help. Already read through and got quite a few tips.

Still looking for some tires

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. KJ is a Good choice, safe vehicle for your son.
If you get real winters, look for AT (All Terrain) tires! :)
How many miles on the KJ now? What color is it? Photo?

Byron

Reaction score
It’s a black 2006 with gray interior.

Needs some work, but it will be fun.

Lugs are froze and will need to get the free to swap out the tires. Already broke a couple socket and will need to swap out 3 lug studs. 4 more stuck lugs to go ‍♂️

Byron

Reaction score
4wd

Still 3 lugs to go. The last 3 lugs split in half leaving only the well in the wheel gonna have to drill out the lug studs just to get the tires changed.

We paid 2200 for it with 129,000 miles. Not a bad little project for his first car. Didn’t think changing the tires would be the difficult part.

We swapped oil trans fluid filters O2 sensors general tune up stuff and the tires have been a nightmare. Please do not over tighten your lugs with impact tools. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through this.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing how shops can over tighten. You may also want to consider some quality McGard Lugs.?
You must be registered for see images attach

Byron

Reaction score
Finally got it in running smooth, swapped out tires matching factor size. Had to drill out and replace 6 of those lugs. o_O

There is a sunroof but it isn’t working. I’m not sure if we want to tackle that project or leave it alone since it’s not leaking. Every once and a while we will go to a pick and pull and see what we can find.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear it's running smooth & you got the drilling over with now.
I'm glad I don't have a sunroof to worry about or leaks, windows down is good enough for me.
My closest Jeep wreckers is a good ways away, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for !
Excuse the musical cover interlude, but this sounds great on your desktop with a sub woofer! :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media