Just out of curiosity...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has heard the noises made by a car after you reach arrive home from a long drive and turn your car off. They sound sort of like clattering, popping, clicking, or pinging noises. Just out of curiosity, what are these noises caused by? At they caused by the engine and pipes being heated up, stones or other tiny objects exploding or something? It's just kind of an interesting thought and it was bugging me =P

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^yea, all vehicles do it.

Glad to see you back. We thought we chased you away.........

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that the liberty seems to do it more than other vehicles Ive driven. The WK seems to do it about as much and it has two cats just like my kj does.

And yea, like others have said, its the exhaust.

WICKED KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Should Try And Take That Trip With 2 Blown Struts.........wow

mikes07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed that the liberty seems to do it more than other vehicles Ive driven. The WK seems to do it about as much and it has two cats just like my kj does.

And yea, like others have said, its the exhaust.

Yea, it has to be because of the 2 cats.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, so my mother was actually right about something o_O Guess I should make a note to listen to her next time she answers a car question!

And no, you didn't chase me away--I've just been lacking questions at the moment, and I got a Garmin GPS for Christmas that has been distracting me =]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.