Just Ordered a CRD Limited!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Nice to know they put the fuel filter somewhere easy to get to. Most vehicles its in the damn tank and it a PITA to change.

T^2

Reaction score
Re: Have you got it yet?

Dwight said:
I ordered my CRD unlimited Mar 14, and just got a VIN assigned Friday...

Wow, that's been a while now. I ordered mine on April 20th and it arrived about 3 weeks ago or so.

Dwight

Reaction score
So are you liking it so far? If you got it 3 weeks ago I assume it was the last of the 2005 run? From talking with Chrystler they normally shut down their factories in July for retooling for the next year.

I have heard there have been some changes on the 2006 like no more LSD, lesser warranty, window controls on the doors, and traction control. But I only found this info on the net and lost where it was. Trying to confirm it now...

Glad someone is having fun, I just smile and say no payments...YET.

-Dwight

T^2

Reaction score
Dwight said:
So are you liking it so far?

Well so far I would have to say my experience with it has been pretty good. I like the vehicle more and more each day. It's like breaking in a new pair of shoes; sooner or later they just start to fit.

I've experienced a few of the anomalies/issues that have been spoken about here. For example, the Sirius radio sometimes has nothing but static when you turn on the key (you have to turn the key off and turn it back on to get it to work). Another issue that pops up occasionally is the 50 mph shudder. For me this usually occurs when coasting down hill - neither accelerating (engine under load) nor slowing down (engine unloaded). I've found that if I take my foot off the accelerator, then I don't have this problem. Since I'm going down hill, the Jeep doesn't loose any speed.

I haven't had the overheating issue that I've been reading about. However, I've not taken the Jeep through the hills/mountains yet. Tomorrow I'll be going on a road trip through "them there hills in Pennsylvania and West Virginia". I suspect this trip will be a good test as to whether or not I will be adding my name to the list of those with overheating woes.

All in all though, I think it's a great vehicle and I believe I will enjoy it very much. The only thing that could put a real damper on that would be the overheating issue. The other two issues don't seem to be a big deal so far.

Dwight said:
If you got it 3 weeks ago I assume it was the last of the 2005 run. From talking with Chrystler they normally shut down their factories in July for retooling for the next year.

That's what I was told. The last day that you could order a 2005 was on April 22nd (if I remember correctly). I missed the date for the previous run and was told my order (which was received by DCX on April 20th) was for the last run on the 2005 model year. They told me that after that they would be shutting down and retooling for the 2006's.

Dwight said:
I have heard there have been some changes on the 2006 like no more LSD, lesser warranty, window controls on the doors, and traction control. But I only found this info on the net and lost where it was. Trying to confirm it now...

I don't see many of those new features as being a big plus. I ordered the LSD for mine. I'm not sure I would want to replace it with traction control. Although I initially found the window controls on the console to be unusual, I've gotten used to them there and actually find that I like it that way. I also heard that it was a safety issue too (kids and choking). Of course lesser warranty is never a plus. All this being said, I'm sure the 2006 will be fine vehicles and some of the issues encountered on the 2005's may be addressed with this new model year.

Dwight said:
Glad someone is having fun, I just smile and say no payments...YET.

I can't believe your vehicle hasn't been delivered yet. You would think that they would have wrapped up the last production run by now. Have you asked if your vehicle has been scheduled or has a build date yet?

I hear you about the payments. For a brief moment in time I had everything paid off - no debt. It was nice while it lasted. I haven't made a payment yet (except the down payment) - that starts next month.

Dwight

Reaction score

That was where I had read it. Is there much of a difference between traction control and stability control? I agree, I had to loose the LSD, but I suppose that ARB air lockers will work. Might have to disable the traction control. I guess that Mercedes Benz doesn't tipically allow that on their rigs unlike some other companies.

-Dwight

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I find that interesting about the stability control... wonder if it's gonna effect offroading.. Like land rover they have cool little thing like hill decent and stuff..