Just Bang on It

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ray A

Reaction score
'06 Liberty ac blower would sometimes not turn on. Figured out if not turning on, reach under the glovebox and bang on the fan motor. Comes on. Soooo.... how long that gonna last?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until you smell the acrid electrical odor of a burnt out blower motor? ;)

I think I’m on the third or fourth one in mine. Seems like they should last longer than they do. 212,000 miles so far on my 08. That makes about 53,000 miles per unit!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Third or fourth, that is surprising. I had no ideas they can become problematic.
My 04 is still working at this time.
I've only replaced the bower motor resistor pack & when it went bad, it smelled terrible, like burning circuits eek.
Are the mopar blower motors still available, or aftermarket only?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Third or fourth, that is surprising. I had no ideas they can become problematic.
My 04 is still working at this time.
I've only replaced the bower motor resistor pack & when it went bad, it smelled terrible, like burning circuits eek.
Are the mopar blower motors still available, or aftermarket only?
My first two blower motors were Mopar and the last two came from the LAPS. I went that way because they have a lifetime warranty and I can just swap it out. The 08-12 Mopar units are listed as unavailable on store.Mopar.com.