JL Kool Kids Run 11/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am driving to MOAB after work on 11/6 to meet up with some folks from AZ. We are going up Elephant Hill Rd first thing Sat morning. Anyone wants to join is welcome.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish I could. :(

I will be out that way early June next year though...

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for nothin' but you really should plan your trips to the desert when it's not summer. :)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It'll be a little earlier than this year - over a month earlier, to be exact. :p

I keep telling myself that I need to go out to Moab in the winter... but I already have the week set. I plan to go back out to Ouray again too (although I know all the of the trails won't be open yet).

Looking at June 5-12, 2010 for that trip. Is it still crazy hot then like when we were in July?

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
June is strange in MOAB. Usually it's brutal hot like any other summer month in MOAB but when Ben and I went around and camped on the White Rim trail, there was a rainstorm brewing once we got to our campsite. It was also chilly that night. By the next day it was back to being hot again.
This time, bring some extra parts and a short leash for that man of yours (or at least a bell).

Since I have a "real" job now, I'm only available on the weekends.

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make it out the same time Jayme is. The school year needs to be over so Taylor can go. We should have his truck ready by then.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
Hmmm....can't make it again this year. Jan & I are planning to head out there next year - late September/early October.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
This time, bring some extra parts and a short leash for that man of yours (or at least a bell).

Yes! Extra parts will be a MUST for sure. I've learned my lesson. #-o

Oh, and no short leash needed. This trip will be solo.

Since I have a "real" job now, I'm only available on the weekends.

Noted. I'll let you know more about itinerary when date is closer.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sept/Oct is prob the best time to go. Spring is nice too but tends to be mucky with snow melt. This weekend it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70's during the day and 40's at night.
Whenever anyone is coming, just let me know. Facebook is best since I don't frequent KJ forums much anymore.

Latest posts

Members online