Jeeps First Test

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Havent got many good picutres of the Jeep yet...but here is one taken last weekend.

The car was used as a course car on the premier rally, not so much rough terrrain, but rutted high speed runs.
A guy pointed out to me that 4x4's aren't designed for 60-70mph runs through forestry, but the Jeep coped very well.
We hit some very large drops and holes at speed, the suspension hitting the bump stops, but it remained composed (shocker wear may have been high)
THe clerk of the course was with me, and he said to me 'I hope your car will be OK!!' .........Its fine!!

You must be registered for see images

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. I could have told you that she'd hold up through ruts & drops at speed. Many of the streets here in Brooklyn (especially Canarsie) are like zero-G camelbacks & my KJ hasn't bottomed out yet. Pucker factor 15.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UKKJ, in your picture..

A I love the spare tire holder.. and B, how can I get the side turn signals? as shown in this picture.. on the side front fender?? Can I have you buy them for me? send em over?

Email: [email protected]

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Nice pics.... and the spare tire wrap around is a neat way to get the longer UK license plate mounted. I noticed that there is a cover attached on the bumper where the US plate would go. Cool.

UKKJ... I'd love to get a set of the Cherokee exterior door inserts for a 2005 KJ...LOL

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa Whoa..... =;

I could make a killing!!

If you want UK parts I would contact Ray at Jeepman

http://www.jeepman.co.uk/

I am sure he will get you anything....and post it to the US.

The 'side repeaters' are pretty generic looking on the fender ( wing to us!), all our accessory shops sell side repeaters as the boy racers tend to swap them....just look on ebay.co.uk and enter side repeaters!

The wheel cover thing is OK, but it is a pain in the **** if you ever wanted to put a big spare (AT/MT) on, or get a wheel mount cycle carrier.

Cheers guys

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally cleaned it..and my Fazer

Another Rally next weekend...so I can look frward to this again...

And here is a small project I did today...no drilling of car!...I have lots of 12V accessories that needed power, and I was sick of untidy wiring... Wish i had a lump of carbon fibre or kevlar...I used to have access to stuff like that in my old job :-$