Jeepin' Al selling his Jeep on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.. looks like he is...

Jeepin Al

Reaction score
My Jeep

There are several reasons I am selling it, one of which is my real job. I switched jobs in the middle of December, and this place I am at now is most likey the best place I ever practiced engineering at. The only draw back is that I have been named township engineer for several communities, which means a lot of night meetings. In addition, I sold the pimp mobile, my 300 M to decrease household costs, meaning the KJ is my DD again. As such I can't have the thing all in pieces spread around the garage come Monday morning.

So, since I don't have the time to complete the modifications, and I need a Jeep that is willing and able Monday mornings, I decided to pass the KJ on to someone who would continue the mods, and baby it as I have.

Nobody wanted it....I went on KBB to see the trade in value, I was a wee bit shocked, fair to good condition the KJ is worth at the dealer only 5 to 6 grand, so my starting price was a little igh to the untrained eye.

It is stilll for sale, 89,220 miles on it now. $8500 takes it with the trail tires, and some of the extras I have.

Al

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with the sale and on your new job. i wish i had 8500 i would pick it up in a second alot of time into that rig!

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well Al everything happens for a reason, but I wish you the best of luck with your new Job, and hope to still see you around here, as well as lost.

Mad props to you and your work on your Jeep. If i had the money it'd be in my driveway right now.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, Are you going to share info about that 5.5" lift??? Lot's of us are willing to pay for something like that! & how did you reinforce the 30A??? You are like 1/2 inch from being the undisputed KJ guru, the one who can lead us from the 3" darkness & into ******** off-road Nirvana!

Jeepin Al

Reaction score
It was a long jouney, and I just haven't written it down yet. Actaully right now I am sitting around six inches of lift. I have 6 inch LJ springs in the back, with stock isolaters on the top, and a custom made lower spring pad with about another .5 inches of spacer.

The front is a franken lift and the 3 inch spacer between the strut and clevis, no clevis lift.

Any one can build this lift, the only problem will be the upper a-arms, you need to have the guts to cut into the unibody up front and lower the arm pockets:

see:

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7890&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And than I hi-jacked this thread

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11770&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Al

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep it was posted here already.