JeepCables battery cable installation help!? (SOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psyon

Reaction score
After determing my battery cables were shot, I ordered a set of cables from jeepcables.com. Has anyone here installed their kit on a Jeep KJ? I am not sure what a good mounting location is for the fuse, and I am not sure how to make the PDC connections work since they don't bend down so the box can close over them.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Locate the fuse where it can be seen and secure it with some zipties. Use a vise or vise grips to gently bend the connections until they fit; if that won't work trim the plastic cover to make room for the cables.

Always dsconnect the negative cable to the battery first; and always connect the negative cable last. Fewer chance of arcs and sparks that way.

psyon

Reaction score
Turns out there is quite a bit of clearence under the side of the cover, so I adapted the orignal connector. Assuming my cables can reach a good spot to mount the fuse, I like this better than bending the connectors or cutting the cover. The black wire in the picture isn't correct, I just grabbed it to test fit.
You must be registered for see images attach

psyon

Reaction score
Sortve odd to have a black and red wire connected together...
I mentioned above that it was just to test it. I had all the other wires bundled up, and those two were lose and easier to test with.

Last edited:

psyon

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the final mounting of the fuse and PDC wires. I drilled two holes in the battery tray below the two that held the old wires. The fuse is zip died to the lower holes, and the other cable is zip tied to the oringal ones. PDC connection shown with proper wires attached here. Lid closes just fine.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. So one wire goes to the battery and the other goes to the alternator? Is the fuse going to the alternator?

Did the OEM wiring have a fusible link?

psyon

Reaction score
Nice. So one wire goes to the battery and the other goes to the alternator? Is the fuse going to the alternator?

Did the OEM wiring have a fusible link?
Yes, one to the battery, one to the alternator, and the fuse is on the wire to the alternator. The OEM wires have a thinner wire, I think it said 10ga on it, so that it burns out there if something happens.

Latest posts

Members online