Jeep Tub Lining Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to get the tub of my Unlimited Rubicon Lined next Friday when I get paid. I have narrowed it down between LINE-X and Rhino Lining. I am wondering if anyone in here has any experiances positive or negative with either product. I have been doing lots of research on both and found both to be good products, however, I want the best. I played with the Rhino Lining today and was able to dig my finger nail under the lining on a pickup that they had done and seperate it fron the paint. The lining was approx. 4 years old. I tried this with a 3 year old Line-X lining and almost ripped off my finger nail.

LINE-X: Sprayed in tub for $450.00, black in color. Harder that Rhino Liner and comes with a nationwide lifetime warranty. I will have to add a clear wipe on coating every couple of years to keep UV Protected.

Rhino Lining: Sprayed in tub for $400.00,black in color. Much softer than Line-X and also comes with a lifttime warranty, not nationwide. They will bruch on a clear coat UV Protectant over the lining. It will have to be applied every couple of years. I will be able to add UV Protectant myself.

Any advice from people that have these products would be greatly appreciated.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents have the Line-X and are happy with it. The only problems they have had were with the indvidual shop since it was a franchise. They used a plastic tarp to cover the truck (which is Patriot Blue) so when they took the tarp off, it covered the entire vehicle with very noticeable scratches. They made the shop pay for a body shop to buff the entire truck, so it's better now, but still a problem. So, you may want to ask and make sure they don't do that to you.