Jeep on the way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis Leroy

Reaction score
I live on the beach. We can ride on the beach here at Carolina Beach NC. Alot of fun, but rust Will eat your toy up. My Dad lives in central NC . He can find non rusty 4x4 and bring them to me. Had a variety of 4x4's in the past. Anywhere from Diahatsu Rocky, Isuzu Vehicross, bunch of Geo Tracker's, Dodge Raider, etc. NOW enters the Jeep Liberty. I have only one Jeep under my belt. It was a Wrangler and I enjoyed it. The Liberty was delivered real dirty. The rear hatch and glass inoperative. So $500 was spent to obtain this 05 Liberty. The next project starts with that. The least money to date for a project vehicle I have spent. Runs and drives. I would like to make a sand runner. Open to any suggestions. Photos and advise appreciated.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear glass not opening is usually the microswitch inside the rear handle failing. Remove the inner plastic cover at the rear of the cargo hatch to access it.

Does the glass pop up when using the key fob to open it?

Otis Leroy

Reaction score
Bill. Thanks for the info. Your help is very helpful. Will look into that today. I look forward to making this in to good Beach runner. I haven't had a Liberty before . I could use all the advice I can get. I will keep you posted and Thanks again.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Download the 2005 Jeep KJ Service Manual here...has Theory of OPs on everything and Section 8W has the Wiring Diagrams.

Impossible to own a KJ without this manual!

Whenever I undertake a long journey in my 2002 Export 2.5 CRD I make sure that I have my Laptop with me with the 2002 information readily available in case I pick up a problem on the open road.

This has saved me several times...with the Service Manual available, a good stock of tools, Multi Meter and spare wires available I have got my Jeep going again!

Also make sure I have a wide-brimmed hat on board to shield my bald patch from the sun!;)

Jeep KJ Service Manuals:

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ

Last edited: