Jeep Liberty Wagoneer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking though some of my Liberty Brochures and in the 2004 Liberty Accessories Brochures I found this:

:freak3:

Wagoneer Trim Appliqué
Give your Jeep Liberty a classic Wagoneer look. These attractive, dealer-installed woodgrain appliqués are available for the side body panels and tailfate. Engineered to production body finish specifications.

The picture in the brochure is of a black limited with the woodgrain and the emblems on the side say "Liberty Wagoneer"

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever seen one of these in real life??

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a blue one around here with that woody stuff on it. Personally, I don't like it but it is unique. It is the only one I have seen like that.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Theres 4 I see quite often here in Toledo, 2 black, one blue and a white one.
White one looks real good really
not for me but...............:shrug:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can appreciate the look but up here in MN i wouldnt want it, i would be afraid that sald and sand would trap under it or around it and create perfect spots to wear through the paint and rust out

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Vinyl decal would be hard for dirt etc to get underneath, the stupid cheap lettering would be worse at trapping dirt etc that the woodgrain would be

Gene

Reaction score
I have seen around a dozen Liberty Wagoneers in the last ten or eleven years. I should say other Liberty Wagoneers because my wife and I own one.

Our car is a 2004 bought in December 2003. As of March, 2013 it has about 46,500 miles on it.

There have been no problems with dirt collecting around the wood trim or with peeling or with any other aspect of the trim or finish.

I once talked with a Jeep engineer who said that Jeep made around a thousand wood kits but only managed to sell about half of them. When we bought ours Jeep was not yet applying the kit at the factory; ours was applied in the body shop of the dealer. I later compared the installation with one done at the factory to a 2005 Liberty. The factory job was really sloppy in comparison to our dealer-installed kit.

Incidentally, there is also another after market exterior wood trim kit for the first generation Liberty which is not manufactured by Jeep. I have only seen it in pictures. It appears to be a lighter color than the factory kit and, I thought, not as good looking. If I've ever seen one on the street I didn't know what I was looking at.

Attachments

• 0227111727a.jpg
    0227111727a.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 0227111728.jpg
    0227111728.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 0227111729.jpg
    0227111729.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 69

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen around a dozen Liberty Wagoneers in the last ten or eleven years. I should say other Liberty Wagoneers because my wife and I own one.

Our car is a 2004 bought in December 2003. As of March, 2013 it has about 46,500 miles on it.

There have been no problems with dirt collecting around the wood trim or with peeling or with any other aspect of the trim or finish.

I once talked with a Jeep engineer who said that Jeep made around a thousand wood kits but only managed to sell about half of them. When we bought ours Jeep was not yet applying the kit at the factory; ours was applied in the body shop of the dealer. I later compared the installation with one done at the factory to a 2005 Liberty. The factory job was really sloppy in comparison to our dealer-installed kit.

Incidentally, there is also another after market exterior wood trim kit for the first generation Liberty which is not manufactured by Jeep. I have only seen it in pictures. It appears to be a lighter color than the factory kit and, I thought, not as good looking. If I've ever seen one on the street I didn't know what I was looking at.

The wood trim looks good on yours.

Welcome to the forum Gene.

Dave

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were no factory applied Wagoneer kits. It was a Mopar dealer installed option only.

I have a Nos kit including tire cover waiting to go on my Libby this summer

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that this is brought up again, I recall seeing it once in a while.

On the white color, it actually looks very nice.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a green one i see every once in a while i call him woody

Members online

No members online now.