Jeep Liberty Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ad Ben

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm Ad from the Netherlands (Amsterdam), I live in Dubai and I recently bought a Jeep Liberty Renegade. I've been looking around for a while, specifically for a Renegade trim, but man these ones are hard to find here in Dubai.

The car has 184.000 kilometers on it, and came with no service history at all. Pretty decent body, only 1 dent, and no scratches. This is my first real 4x4 ever. I've owned 4wd cars before, but those had a visco-clutch (?) I don't know if that's the correct word in English. Anyway, the Jeep is a lovely car, that really needed some TLC. I've changed all her fluids, and I mean ALL of it! It is only until you start working on a car that you discover the ugly things.

The front drive shaft is completely gone bad; I've already ordered a CV kit for it. There is tin-can sound coming from my front axles (I think) when I pull up. Need to check that. The mechanism on the transfer case is stuck in 4-HI, the bushing that's attached to the shifter is destroyed, and was held in place by a makeshift mod by the previous owner. Bad job. Need to replace that. O and apparently it was involved in an side impact accident, right against the right front wheel. I discovered that the camber was off, and that's how I discovered that. A noise is coming from the tires, not sure if is the tires themselves, or perhaps some bearings, or axles. It sounds like road noise, that increase in level up to 55 mph, and then reduces if I drive faster. Very annoying.

I bought it cheap, that makes up for a lot. I brought it to a local garage, what a waste of time and money. So I bought a jack and some jack stands, the best quality cheap Chinese tools I could find, and started doing the mechanics myself.

So, long story short, I have a Jeep, and apparently I love it :icon_razz:

Attachments

• IMG_20150902_205705681.jpg
    IMG_20150902_205705681.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20150905_114059552.jpg
    IMG_20150905_114059552.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20150902_205717813.jpg
    IMG_20150902_205717813.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 15

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jeep world!

Glad you're willing to tackle some of the projects on your Jeep yourself. You'll learn so much and be confident to keep improving your Liberty - lots of satisfaction from doing the work yourself.

Always interesting seeing Libertys from other parts of the world. There are additional marker lights and such I wish came on my North American version - and then there are lights you DON'T have (2 extra lights on my lightbar compared to yours.)

Have fun!

Bob

Last edited:

Ad Ben

Reaction score
Yup, I spotted the differences already, too bad I don't have the 4 lamps on the roofbar, because they look sweet :) I've owned a lot of different cars, and worked on most of them myself. It was the lack of space and tools at my current residence that "forced" me into going to a garage. That quickly changed ;) The Jeep is a very accessible car to work on, and has some very honest "technology" in it, so working on it is not so stressful. Cheers!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your Jeep and the forum.

Dave

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and be sure to remember it is a jeep it is an off road machine it is not a car please refrain from that word when referring to you new found renegade