Jeep KJ Rear Gate/Window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one have a fix for the Gate/Window that has started to hang, and makes the window not open from time to time.

For me it seams that is the weight of the spare tire.

Thanks for any help

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is an adjustment near the latch that looks like a V with the bottom choped off. loosen it up push it towards the rear and up then close the lower gate slowly then open to tighten the bolts again.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like window struts going bad if it's just the window not wanting to pop up all the time.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an issue of if I open tailgate and don't open window with key fob then the window will not latch when going to close. Its like it closes the window latch after it releases it. Any suggestions?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an issue of if I open tailgate and don't open window with key fob then the window will not latch when going to close. Its like it closes the window latch after it releases it. Any suggestions?

The switch on your handle is pooched take off the rear cover and replace the pig tail connector with the button on it. its 16 bucks at the dealer and looks like this.

cardhu-albums-other-repairs-picture3161-its-retained-clip.jpg

Its retained by a clip
cardhu-albums-other-repairs-picture3160-switch-located-top-left.jpg

Switch is in top left
cardhu-albums-other-repairs-picture3159-rear-hatch-glass-switch-handle-corroded-internally-kept-shorting.jpg

Looks like above

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/tailgate-window-actuator-rear-wipes-do-not-work-52454/

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flipper glass making you flippin angry?

I had same exact issue. You need to replace the switch in the tailgate handle. The picture that cardhu shows is the switch you need.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! :happy160: thanks Cardhu for the pics and explanation, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.