Jeep Jamboree

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man those Jeep Jamboree's are getting too damn expensive to attend anymore. I mean they are really sucking people dry! Me, my wife and a kid or two and you're looking at almost $1000 for a weekend when all is said and done!

If you have the cash, go for it - they ARE fun. But otherwise see if you can find a ride organized by a local club. They're cheaper and just as fun!

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always wanted to go to one but I cant see myself spending that much money.
if you want to drive to michigan, there is a BLESSING OF THE JEEPS (just like the blessing of the bikes in baldwin) about an hour north of grand rapids every year. i was going to go last year but never made it. look it up on google they have a site.. I think ill go this year

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man those Jeep Jamboree's are getting too damn expensive to attend anymore. I mean they are really sucking people dry! Me, my wife and a kid or two and you're looking at almost $1000 for a weekend when all is said and done!

If you have the cash, go for it - they ARE fun. But otherwise see if you can find a ride organized by a local club. They're cheaper and just as fun!

I agree that it is a little expensive. How ever since I bought my Jeep new in 07 I've wanted to wheel it. Now that I have a few extra dollars and getting a lift I figure I could go have a little fun :D

Me and the KJ have been wanting to get out of the concrete jungle for a while and figured this was the chance....

If anyone else has any suggestions let me know.. I haven’t found anything in the DC area other than this....

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

Good point!
One Large would go a long way towards a good vaction!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been to several
you will meet Jeep owners from around the country
you will have something in common with all of them
most of the guides ,with the less modified rig groups, have always been more than willing to help ,until they find out you are not only running high clearance skids but locked front and rear then they are like "oh no you go that way"
mostly to "put on a show for people who may otherwise not get to see it"
You do not need a lift but IIRC for that JJ you will wish you had it as there is a lot of mud
I know the first 1 we took the KJ on it was not lifted and only had AT's and my wife gave up on it and drove the TJ and I had to really try to get through some of the stuff
That was the home town JJ here in Louisiana ,now we laugh at those trails

I would say if you have the money go for it
if you can try to find the ones held on private land that only JJ gets to use
I know that it has been a while for me but I really really want to go to Llano TX
1 of the guys in 1 of the local clubs just got back
and even after a roll on the first day he was able to keep wheelin and said
that the money and the cost of the roll was still worth it

jhblackwell

Reaction score
Go for it. They do it every year and know the trails and conditions depending on weather. They can direct you to trails that are doable based on your rig and experience. You meet all kinds of Jeepers, from newbies to pros, and get to see all kinds of tricked-out, FAROUT, rides. Might be pricey, but you need to do it at least once in your life....it's a blast.(woot)

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it’s official... I filled out the registration form today and sent them my payment. \\:D/

I have suckered my brother and two friends to come along. I told them it will be "cheap" entertainment to watch a noobie wheel a very capable 4x4. nana.gif

Anyway I'm soo excited now... All that’s left is to install the lift and new tires!!!! Ohhh and buy a new camera for the cools pics I will have.